Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my gtv 2000 from 1971 has an engine from 1972. The carb is a dellorto dhla40F. What is the correct dellorto type of a 1971 or 1972 2000 engine?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Dellorto

Hi Rafael.
The correct type for the 1971-72 2000 is the "DHLA40" (without suffix letter). The DHLA40F is a (later) emission-control carburettor. Don´t know what the exact difference is, but my Alfetta 2000 GTV 1977 used a DHLA40G, which was an emission type too.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does anyone know the exact differences between an F type and a previous type? I know that the previous types are called performance types, and the latter emission types. Is there a performance difference betwene the two types? Can emission types be set up in such way that they drive nicely?

·
Registered
528 Posts
Progression drillings are different and set up for less consumption and unfortunately (for you) also less performance. Generally the lower the letter the better (and best is no letter).

Yes, they can certainly be set up as they were used on, i believe, Alfettas and carbed 75s.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I have two Dellorto Carbs DHLA40 with no letters after them, I took them off of a 2 liter motor. They seem to be in preety good shape, the engine ran good before we parted the car out. If you are interested in them, let me know. I have pictures if you would like to see them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts