Alfa Romeo Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Certified Oldschooler
7,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Hi there, that would be me. And yes, I have multiple sets (Dellorto, Weber and Solex) in stock. Completely restored, factory specs, using only original parts.
On the "N" carb, I see the dizzy vacuum advance nipple (in red circle) off #1 like in the "H's", BUT what is the tubing assembly in the yellow for? Emissions? It is not on the "H". Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
290 Posts
Yeah that’s interesting I have also never seen that tubing. Looks like it’s on the idle circuit. Perhaps of a lotus??? Or some American emission device?? Never seen n prefix on a Alfa. Will be interested to learn more.
On the subject of lotus they used turbo blow threw delloro’s on the esprit. You can convert your ‘normal’ dellort’s to blow threw type if your building an old school turbo set up.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Correct, this is emission tubing. Together with the TPS this is an original set for the Alfa 75 with catalytic converter. Basically the last "evo" carb before Alfa switched to fuel injection (to my knowledge). This set can also be used without.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Wow never thought the 75 would have ever come out with carbs. Was this on the twin spark? If it’s the ts would be nice to get hold of some manifolds.

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
On the "N" carb, I see the dizzy vacuum advance nipple (in red circle) off #1 like in the "H's", BUT what is the tubing assembly in the yellow for? Emissions? It is not on the "H". Thanks.

My guess is that this tubing is intended to allow both carbs to "see" the same vacuum. This would help with carb balancing which could have been more critical on an emission oriented tune.

·
Registered
906 Posts
My ex ´84 Giulietta 2.0 had those carbs with the tubing and was connected between carbs ending there and its like Jim pointed out for balance between carbs getting the same vacuum and for tuning purposes also, My ex Giulietta carbs didnt had TPS on them

·
Registered
22 Posts
ARGT1600Junior also has Dellorto's for sale without a suffix, so-called pre-emission carbs. These are the carbs that are original to the 105 series cars and are hard to find. They also demand big bucks.

·
Certified Oldschooler
7,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Ran Across this. Haven't looked at it yet.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts