Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sirs,
I would need one or two springs that are inside the mixture screw.
Is the item #61 in the diagram below:
Product Circuit component Font Auto part Engineering

Body jewelry Natural material Jewellery Silver Electric blue

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,290 Posts
I‘m certain I have used ones and I’ll look if you want me to; they are available new from a number of vendors for not a lot of money.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I‘m certain I have used ones and I’ll look if you want me to; they are available new from a number of vendors for not a lot of money.
I only identified one vendor in UK (EuroCarb). In fact, it is very cheap however I believe the shipping will be more expensive than the spring itself.

·
Premium Member
1,290 Posts
You can try CB Performance here in the US (I find they are good for jets, etc.) and Alfa1750 (eBay) in Italy.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You can try CB Performance here in the US (I find they are good for jets, etc.) and Alfa1750 (eBay) in Italy.
Thanks for the input, however, for this small piece, I believe is more convenient to find a good used one here in the Board from a user located in USA to ship it to 70006 Metairie, LA.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I found three of the early type (exposed) and three of the late type (within a post). From your picture you need the late type.
My 40DHLA is version E, so I believe is the late type. Is the late type the one on the right in your picture?. Let me take out the screw in the car to be 100%sure.

·
Premium Member
1,290 Posts
The late type is the one on the left. The enrichment screw screws down inside a tower, the early type is exposed (like a Weber).

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have these screws in mine 40DHLA "E":
Automotive lighting Liquid Paint Gas Tints and shades

·
Premium Member
1,290 Posts
That screw is slightly different then ones I've worked on and I have worked on DHLA, DHLA E,F,L,& N. It looks to have an O-ring on top so it's going into a tower (late style). The two types of springs I have have the following dimensions:

1) Length = 11mm, Outside Diameter = 6mm

2) Length = 14mm, Outside Diameter = 8mm

How do these match up to what you have?

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What I learned today is that the mixture screw of the E series of the DHLA40 don't require that spring. Thanks a lot.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts