Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have 3 Alfas at the moment (Alfa 33 16v, Alfetta sedan, Alfasud), and being self employed with a stack of responsibilities has made me realise I'm going to have to rationalise.

Alfa 33 16v stays as my daily driver and is currently getting a freshly rebuilt engine and gearbox, as well as some fresh paint in places. The Alfasud and Alfetta however...

The Alfasud is a series 3 hatch Ti, with very little rust in the body. The doors should be replaced, but the hatch is repairable. The paint is severely faded red (practically pink). The engine is a 1.5L twin weber unit from a 33, however the heads are off as the cams were worn before it was rebuilt - I can get good condition cams. So with a days work and a new battery it should be drivable. The gearbox is a close ratio 5 speed from a 1.2, and has probably less than 5000km on it since a complete rebuild.

I have brand new front headlights and surrounds (albiet LHD, but the tape trick can sort that out), new tail lights, lots of plastic trim parts, as well as new metal replacement rear wheel arches (the only rust in the body). The car also features Koni yellows and sport springs (unsure of brand, but it was a firm/awesome handling car). All of these parts have cost me well over $2k alone. It also has a near mint series 2 dashboard fitted.

The Alfetta sedan is stripped right back to almost bare shell. The body has been sanded all over ready for primer, and I have welded in new metal at the front of the sills. The engine bay just needs a little tidying up and is ready for paint. Worst is the bottom of the rear window - it needs new metal. I guess this description sounds bad, but the car was rust proofed quite early in its life and therefore is structurally very good. The front suspension is awaiting reassembly and is all grit blasted and powder coated. I have Koni reds ready for all corners. There are two 2L engines, the rear gearbox is still fitted and I also have a spare (condition unkown). One of the 2L engines apparently has a rebuilt top end, however I haven't opened it up to confirm this. I also have another spare head which appears in great condition, as well as a modified bracket to hold a lightweight Japanese aircon compressor (with the compressor). Doors, bootlid, bonnet, etc have all been dipped ($1000 alone)- doors need some welding though. All screws/bolts/nuts etc have been freshly plated so look new again. I also have $3k worth of 16" Simmons wheels with near new Yokohama tyres fitted which were intended for the car. I have all the interior with the exception of the front seats - I wanted to fit retrimmed GTV seats instead.

Bottom line - I need the space which the Alfetta takes up, the Alfasud must be moved before December this year, and both of these projects take away time/money that I would like to spend on my Afa 33. I don't want to scrap the Alfetta and Alfasud - both are excellent cars that just need more hardwork and they are both worth saving. If I get the time, I may be able to reassemble the Alfetta's front suspension which would make it easier for a buyer.

So gentlemen, submit your criticisms / offers :)

~Benjamin

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Simmons are 4x98 PCD so no!

They'll fit any 4 stud Alfetta, and 33/sud IF the rear wheels are modified (which I have considered for my 33, but its expensive).

~Benjamin

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
7" fronts and 8" rear!

So I was thinking of modding the rears so they are also 7" so they'll fit on my 33, but I think I would actually prefer to go for a light alloy 1 peice 17"x7" instead.

If the Alfetta goes, then the Simmons won't be much use to me if I don't mod them - they are mint and have good rubber so I'd have to see around $2k to be persuaded to sell though...

~Benjamin

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have pondered over all kinds of mods for the Alfetta - turbo, V6, twinspark with carbs (easiest of the lot), but a decision has been made.

The Alfetta is going - Alfasud will hang around in my shed for another 6 months until I look at the time/money/room situation again. Watch out for my forsale post in the Aussie forum :)

~Benjamin

·
Registered
222 Posts
The alfetta sounds like it still has a fair bit of time / money to consume to be a completed car. Best to sell it to someone who has the requisite time / motivation!

I'm sure the 'sud wouldn't be too hard to sell.

33 is a good daily driver!

·
Registered
45 Posts
hughqv ive got 4x 17x7'' mags for 5 stud alfas, very good rubber 215/45's. im also in Adelaide, msg me if interested. 5 spoke design by speedy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts