Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
But Mad North-Northwest
10,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"AS SEEN ON TV!" lol.

I had a dent on the upper surface behind the passenger door. Sort of a bad place for dent repair as there's no easy openings into that panel and there's a double layer of metal there (inside lining of the pass compartment) which makes it difficult to get to the back side, even with a PDR tool. So I didn't figure I had much to lose from trying the Ding King (except my $20, of course).

I have to say, it worked surprisingly well. Took about five pulls, but I'd say I got the dent about 80% out. Probably could've gotten it to 90% if the smaller of the two glue-on pullers hadn't broken on me (yes, it's shoddily made). It's not perfect but, hey, for 20 bucks it's quite an improvement.

Considering the PDR folks charge $40 or so a dent it was definitely worth it for me, especially since I can now use the kit on a few dings on the Milano. Obviously the results depend on the size/shape of the ding (if the metal is creased don't bother)

I'll report back in a few weeks with any further results.

·
But Mad North-Northwest
10,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Small dents don't really photograph well, especially on a white car. But after looking at it in the light today it did a decent job. Like I said, it's not as good as paintless dent repair (which wasn't really an option for this location anyway) but for the price it's a pretty good fix.

·
But Mad North-Northwest
10,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, it ain't perfect. A few weeks ago I tried it on another spot, but it turns out that it was a section that had been repainted at some point. Pulled off a chunk of paint. Oops!
So make sure the paint is original before you try it.

The spot I damaged doesn't look as bad as the spot I fixed, so I figure I'm still net positive on this one :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts