Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a set of new decals to fit to my car, but do not know the exact positioning for them. If you refer to P153 of Bruce Taylor's Essential Companion you will see them.
For example the large black fluids chart goes under the bonnet, but where exactly?
Mines LHD so I need the red Tipo sticker, on the rh inner wing somewhere?
Some I guess are obvious, some I don't need as I don't have Spica fi etc.
In addition to those in the book I have a small black decal in Italian and English starting 'Before installing the thermostat actuator........" Looks like a Spica related one, in which case I can ignore it?

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
If you have no Spica unit, yes you can ignore the sticker for the thermostatic actuator as I believe it would go on/with the Spica. I added the red label on the right fender liner -pretty much top center. I also added the fluids sticker where mine originally was, before I stripped and repainted the hood underside. Sorry, my car is not available for a picture right now.

Mark

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Mark, I clearly forgot about some translation issues !! :
Hood = Bonnet
Fender = Wing
So approx where under the hood is the fluids sticker please?

·
Registered
839 Posts
The Fluids Sticker goes on the RHS of the Hood / Bonnet I believe. If you need a picture, email me.
Karl Robertson
[email protected]
248) 766 9141

I believe Hannalore Nehme made / still makes reproductions of the Decals / Stickers. You may also want to contact her.
Due to the fact that there were LHD and RHD cars made, and some were assembled as far away as Australia, there may be some slight differences regarding what is "Correct / Right". I have not yet found anyone who can say categorically what is correct for the Montreal. If someone has a completely original, un-molested car, maybe that can be used as a reference.

·
--ADMINISTRATOR--chiuso per ferie
11,999 Posts
Below are pictures I have collected. The lubricants sticker goes on the inside of the hood on the right side. You car may have either a black or yellow one, depending on the original intended market.

This shows the Autovettura Tipo sticker in the bottom left. The correct one will be Red, Green or Blue. I've seen them called homologation stickers, but I think they are actually glass codes or lighting codes.

The brake booster also gets a sticker on top.

The air cleaner gets a sticker just above the Alfa part number.

The radiator cap is shown in this picture.

The fuel filter has graphics on it as well. Although this is not one for a Montreal, I believe the graphics are the same.

If your car has air conditioning, there should be a yellow Borletti sticker on one of the hoses.

And a green sticker on the rear window.

....and the paint code sticker.

The head light servos have stickers on them.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The Fluids Sticker goes on the RHS of the Hood / Bonnet I believe. If you need a picture, email me.
Karl Robertson
[email protected]
248) 766 9141

I believe Hannalore Nehme made / still makes reproductions of the Decals / Stickers. You may also want to contact her.
Due to the fact that there were LHD and RHD cars made, and some were assembled as far away as Australia, there may be some slight differences regarding what is "Correct / Right". I have not yet found anyone who can say categorically what is correct for the Montreal. If someone has a completely original, un-molested car, maybe that can be used as a reference.
thanks Karl, lots of good info, including from Ossodiseppia

·
Registered
216 Posts
This may help, or make you more confused. I don't know from where it came. Probably Hannelore. But if anyone knows the sticker locations it would be the one and only Montegirl - Hannelore.

Cheers
Rob

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
Interesting to see the truly rare "SIRAI" solenoid sticker above. When the bonnet is up, you can actually see the sticker hanging top down if you look into the "bow" from the side. Just in case someone truly dedicated wants to reproduce that, I enclose another picture from an ebay NOS part for posterity.

More relevant: Can't anybody reproduce the orange tin identification plate on the top of the "FISPA" main fuel filter? That is very well visible and as far as I know pretty much always missing (like in my car) or faded. The model numbers are unfortunately punched in. Example pictures from a web search also below. The first one (Model number 3031.10) is definitely from a Montreal, a 1972 UK model.

SIRAI solenoid valve Montreal.jpg
FISPA 3031.10 from 1972 UK Montreal.jpg
FISPA 3031.07 from ITA unknown date.jpg
FISPA Ferrari.jpg

1 - 12 of 12 Posts