Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the midst of restoring my race car and was wodering if anyone knows where I could find period correct decals. I am looking for stuff such as CHAMPION SPARK PLUG, SCCA, UNION 76 decals. Anyone who knows where I can find this stuff email me [email protected] or just replty on the bb so other people can get decals in case they were looking for some as well.

·
Premium Member
6,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Simon,
I have the paper with the guys info on decals at home. I am at the shop loading the yellow spider for the VARA race at Phoenix. It's a 3 day event so I leave tomorrow morning. I'll post the place's info next week.
Anthony

·
Premium Member
6,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Re: Decals

thanks, i am driving the yellow giulia spider for italspeed and another customer is taking his b sedan gtv.

·
Supporting Vendor
4,364 Posts
If you have a good photo or scan of some of the stickers you need, I can produce a vector-based file that any vinyl shop can cut out for you. As long as it's for a good and pure Alfa cause, I'm happy to do the work :)

Here's a sample of something I rendered last week for a friend of mine. These stickers were OEM on the back window of most Alfas from '70-'72, I believe.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
trans am stickers

i want those! can you make them nice? a friend of mine made them and when it rained, the ink ran off. do your mount on the inside or outside of the window? the originals were from the inside.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Re: trans am stickers

italcarguy said:
i want those! can you make them nice? a friend of mine made them and when it rained, the ink ran off. do your mount on the inside or outside of the window? the originals were from the inside.
Anthony...
You should make them into vinyl sticker just like JoeCab described.
I know there is a lot of shopping mall where they sell "stickers" to rice now. I know there is one in Glendale Galleria.
Just bring them the vector file (like *.AI, *.eps, *.CDR)

Or you can try a product which I found in model train stores (or model airplane). You print the logo onto a special piece of paper (either clear or white), you spray the special coating (included in the kit) onto the paper and let it dry, after that, it acts like the stickers found in 1/24 Tamiya model kit and water proof!
-----------
For the vector file of the logo itself, try -

http://www.logolink.co.jp/04.html

http://www.logos.free.fr/

or try searching for them on Google.com - search for champion.ai, championsparkplug.ai, champion.eps, etc.

A vinyl (and chromatec) sheet that I created for some of my models. I found some of the logos on those two websites. (*.AI format) And traced the logo of Honda Motorcycle in Adobe Illustrator.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
JoeCab said:
Here's a sample of something I rendered last week for a friend of mine. These stickers were OEM on the back window of most Alfas from '70-'72, I believe.
Hey JoeCab!
You should ask a shop to cut out some of them and sell them on eBay!! :D

·
Supporting Vendor
4,364 Posts
Since the Trans Am artwork is 4 color, it would probably need to be silk screened onto vinyl. Any shop that screens t-shirts should be able to do this.

1 and 2 color stuff can easily be die-cut into ready-to-apply vinyl.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts