Alfa Romeo Forums banner

Death

2K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  alfa10530 
#1 ·
I had the day off , it was sunny why not go parts-hunting?
The sight isn't for the faint hearted , if you listened more carefully these beauties almost pleaded: "Take me home" , "saaaave me".
-Needed some camshaft caps from a 75 which was standing on the top of a pile of berlines 5-6 metres off the ground. I was on top of it holding onto NOTHING trying to break the hood free - Dangerous deed. By the way 1.6 75 cam caps are they good for the 2.0 of the 75?

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Get any good figs off that tree while you were there? One of the Giulietta Berlinas still has an engine. The downdraft Solex carb on that engine is pretty rare from what I understand, although I'm not sure if that's just on the 750s. I've always liked visiting junkyards. Even though it's kind of disheartening to see that carelessly crunched GTV (by a Super no less) it's kind of cool to see that there are junkyards in this world that still have cars like that sitting around in them.

Bill

#4 ·
I too visit the junkyards occasionally, looking for a part I know i won't find for the Mustang or Alfa. Poke my head in an old 40-50 something Buick, and it still smells like a 40- 50 something Buick. Saw two 49 Merc's the other day. One in the junkyard, and one on the street with a full bore old school customized restoration.....longed for my 49 Maroon Marauder straight eight...

#8 ·
Too many Greeks in this post :)
It is NATO-I see you guys DO walk around.Nice.
The guy who has the junkyard is a very nice guy but try to negotiate a price with him...i laughed my *** off when a gypsy came along trying to sell him a wrecked BMW the dialogue was precious...
-Alfa10530 right on!
Any of you guys visited the ODY site?? It's next on my list...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.