Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 33 16V Sportwagon suddenly would not start one morning. Up to that point the car was running perfectly except that the rev counter started bouncing around. I have battled for many hours to get the car to run to no avail. The spark is strong, the pump runs, I can smell fuel at the exhaust but it will not run even when towed. There appears to be power on the injectors all the time when the ignition is on. Does anyone have any ideas?

:confused:

·
Registered
536 Posts
It seems that it is a electrical problem. Since the rev counter was bouncing it is an indicator that something was wrong with the currents so since you have sparks on the spark plugs just start and check everything else...

·
Registered
59 Posts
hey matei have an idea.... i know its a different car but my suburu daily driver had similar probs witht the rpm gauge, and it was runnin ****.... tried everthin to no avail, took to an auto elec and it turned out to be a faulty diode in the alternator..... new alternator and she was good asnew.... the alternator was drawing heaps of power... enough to drain the battery in 30 mins.... and ws causing the engine to run rough due to power spikes up and down....

hope it helps....

cheers batesy

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks

I have since checked the ECU with a blink tester and no faults are found. I will check that diode out and see. Car is still dead.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts