Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for DCOE 3 Weber carbs.
Please let me know what you have available.
Thank you.
Rob

·
Registered
19 Posts
Dc03

I have a pair of sand cast DC03s that are complete in good to excellent condition, and I have the euro intake for them. They came off an early 60s or late 50s Alfa that I had years ago. I would like $750, plus shipping for them.
Thanks

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Shipping from where?
Thank you for the reply.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Dc03

I think I uploaded a pic of the carbs. They are in excellent shape and are still attached to the original manifold with the linkage and the fuel rail. They are worth far more than I thought and I do not want to sell them at this time. I will keep you and the board posted, I got calls from all over the world.
Thanks, Matteo

Attachments

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Martin,
technically you have sold them to me, as you responded to my add with a sales price?
I asked you for the shipping costs, you called me and said that you have them in storage and have to get them out and will send a picture.

I don't think that this is fair what you do.

I will take legal steps if I have to, when you will not sell them to me at the offered price, just to show that responders will have responsibility to their action.

Best regards
Rob

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
As the spirit of the BB goes out the door... did it just get a little colder in here...?
No it didn't get colder in here.

But I think that sellers have to be aware before they act.
I am the only person asking for these carbs, Martin reacts, and I accept.

So where does it get colder?

Another seller here on the BB, sells wheels I accept his price and agrees on paying all of the freight. He says no problem and later turns it down as he is keeping the wheels.

So why posting or reacting on a ad, when you don't want to sell.

If you think that the asked price is to low, just say that and ad $$$ to the parts and we have a deal. It's that simple.

Regards
Rob

·
Premium Member
6,243 Posts
Hope this is not taken as an intrusion.

Many years ago I worked on a bond-trading desk and the formalities of doing a trade are worth reviewing.

The buy side would say "Bought from you $million of xxx at 98.5".

The sell side would repeat "Sold to you $million of xxx at 98.5".

Then the writen contract would be sent out.

I use this when buying or selling things on the net or by phone.

It makes a transaction clear and concludes it.

:cool:

·
Registered
192 Posts
Dcoe3 battle

I say put the **** thing on ebay and let bidders determine market value, $750 is way to cheap and seller is not obligated to sell in my opinion. File legal action is way out of order and will only waste your time and money. No case here.

·
Push hard and live
11,492 Posts
And the title said "Dcoe 3", which would clearly not be the same as a DCO3.

Robtechno is clearly an annoying little man from a part of the world that uses intimidation and threats as a part of their business culture.

The AlfaBB is a CLUB not a BUSINESS. People here interact in the spirit of fraternal kinship. When someone tries to turn it into a business it ruins the air like a fart in an elevator.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Dco 3

And the title said "Dcoe 3", which would clearly not be the same as a DCO3.

Robtechno is clearly an annoying little man from a part of the world that uses intimidation and threats as a part of their business culture.

The AlfaBB is a CLUB not a BUSINESS. People here interact in the spirit of fraternal kinship. When someone tries to turn it into a business it ruins the air like a fart in an elevator.

The title said DCO3 and not DCOE 3

I am definitely not annoying and I am not from a different part of the world.
I am just unsatisfied wjen a seller does not stick to his promisses. Either on a forum or in a retail store.
For me it is not a business but the parts I ask for or react to on an ad are for my own cars and not to make money on and sell them agaon some where else.

Enjoy you day, I will despite your annoying reaction.

Rob

·
Premium Member
6,243 Posts
There is no way that Martin's reply could be considered as a firm offer.

Without a subsequent PM , or email there is no way the the "Squawk" could be considered as a firm bid.

End of story.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
There is no way that Martin's reply could be considered as a firm offer.

Without a subsequent PM , or email there is no way the the "Squawk" could be considered as a firm bid.

End of story.
F.y.i.
I asked Martin for the shipping cost and I replied to his PM send to me that I will buy the offered carb set from him.

When his offer does not stand as an offer, which offer on the bb can be taken serious in the future and does stand.

With all respect to your post. May I have your opinion when an offer is considered as firm.
Thank you.

Best regards
Rob

·
Premium Member
6,243 Posts
Rob

I did not see the usual comment about pms and emails.

Sorry.

Otherwise the advice about both sides repeating the trade should be worthwhile.

·
Push hard and live
11,492 Posts
Title = "Wanted: Dcoe 3"
First line of your opening post = "I am looking for DCOE 3 Weber carbs."

In a CLUB, the deal is done when the parts are delivered and money changes hands. Prior to that it is just a statement of possible intentions.

There are parts of "Location: Some where on the East Coast" whose culture is offensively confrontational and uses intimidation, bad language (and poor spelling) as a routine part of their behavior towards others.

Threats of legal action reveal one's character quite completely.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Rob

I did not see the usual comment about pms and emails.

Sorry.

Otherwise the advice about both sides repeating the trade should br worthwhile.

As Martin is not responding here at all, proves my case that he technically sold them to me.

Beat regards
Rob

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
If you are serious in acquiring 40dco3 for fair market value Send me a check for $2,800 plus shipping and I get you a pair of 40dco3 carburetors only. Then everyone can move to a different subject. No point in crying over spilled water. Martin's 40dco3 are no longer for sale and that should be the end of the story.
The point is that what the seller answered me:"
I have a pair of sand cast DC03s that are complete in good to excellent condition, and I have the euro intake for them. They came off an early 60s or late 50s Alfa that I had years ago. I would like $750, plus shipping for them.
Thanks"
That he would like $750 plus shipping"
That's it.
In the mean time I have found a complete set in Italy for just a little bit over this amount so I am happy for now.

End of my story.

Rob

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
I am most impressed that you have found a pair of DCO3s in Italy at anything near the price that has been discussed. I have been buying them over the past few years and un-restored sets are now in excess of E2000 (nearly $3000). Have you got them yet?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts