Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This question only applies to 750 Veloce with DCO3 Webers.
Is the photo of Bell Crank 1365.67.707 (early Veloce - described as "L-shaped with welded spacer")
or it is 1365.67.718 (later Veloce described as "Two levers welded to spacer")?

The Spare Parts Catalog specifies different length control rods based on which Bell Crank is present.
1365.67.718 bell crank DCO3 bb.jpg

·
Registered
7,883 Posts
Sorry Elmo, strange as it may sound but I think the one in your photo is a 105 part....105.04.04.012 for RHD Duettos.. The bent leg points South and the straight one is on top points toward the firewall.at like a slight incline... If I have the part right ... On750 cars and engines I have only seen the L-shaped ones .. I have had three with it. I have NEVER owned a 101 series (DCOE) car but have see the two piece ones .. nothing like your photo. The one you are referring to is or criss-crossed in configuration and I 've seen those.... as a side note I will offer this .. The top ball in your pic is on backwards if it is the part i think it is. and it is nutted on... a clue someone was flipping things around to make it work on another application, perhaps? All the balls were peened on from the factory from my experience.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Hi Carl,

Both the 1365.67.707 and 1365.67.718 were for the 40 DCO3 carbs.
I would think the one you show in your post is the 1365.67.718, the second type for the DCO3. But I also think as divotandtralee mentioned yet that it has been repaired. On my pictures you see mine still on the DCO3 manifold and indeed they were rivetted ( peened ) . I can turn the balls in their seat, don't know whether that was normal and original.

The chromed one on the next pictures must be the early type. it came with my 750E ...the 1365.67.707 ?
I hope this helps,

Thierry

·
Super Moderator
11,689 Posts
They were originally peened like a rivet. When they loosen, I re-peen, media clean and braze from the back side NEATLY, the media clean again and paint. They never come loose again.

Reactions: ECHO

·
Registered
7,883 Posts
Thierry.. in your first pic.... is the stand-off tube around the braided ground strap area part of the pin in the intake or is it part of the bell crank itself? I think in the end result, the pick Carl has would work fine regardless of it's source. We just have t get him to accept that.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Hi all,

Here some extra pictures, I hope this shows better how it is constructed.
The length of the lever of the bell crank that goes upwards to the spindle for the carb controle levers is approx 47 mm, the other lever is about 10 mm shorter. ( Both lengths measured center to center)
Rgds,

Thierry

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thierry my measurements match yours, so mine is 1365.67.718. Now for the next question: what are the original lengths of the 3 different control rods? One length is mentioned in the catalog, but none of the rods I have are anything very close, so is this another case of catalog error? Also I assume rod length is for just the rod without ends attached.

·
Premium Member
248 Posts

This looks solid, doesn’t it?
Arm lengths comparable to Thierry’s: c 50 mm and c 42 mm. No control rods.
Carl, anticipating your next question, this linkage is on a manifold with carbs numbered in the 1600s (yes, carbs can be moved, of course.)
Also, two carbs per means 800 earlier Veloces, Supers, Oscas, Siatas, Ferraris (?). So, what month and year would you suggest for 1642/43?
Thanks for your detailed interest in all!
Richard

·
Registered
619 Posts
Hi Carl,

Each threaded part on the rod is 20 mm long.
This way I could measure two identical rods from 65 mm positioned between the carb lever and the spindle.
I also have one rod of 118 mm and one of 173 mm. According to the catalog, these are two rods for the same function but one for 750 series 1 and one for 750 series 2, both located between pedal pivot and bell crank.
I would have my doubts about this and I can't verify whether they fit correctly in my car as all those parts, including the engine, are out of the car.
According to the length, the one of 118 mm would be the horizontal 1365.67.049 in the catalog but in my opinion it could only fit as the 1365.67041 (that is between the bell crank and the lever on the spindle). That 118 mm rod even could fit with both types of bell crank.
Although the 173 mm rod, been given the same function as the 118 mm in the catalog, it couldn't have physically the same 1365.67041 function, even with the early type bell crank.
So this all is not clear yet to me either Carl.

The picture shows the rods I have , including the catalog number that would go with those lenghts .
For comparing with what you have, the two chromed rods (see post # 3) that are connected to the first series bell crank measure 173mm as mentioned before, and secondly a longer 242 mm ( the 2 threaded rod ends always included)
About the pedal pivot , there are two types regarding the length between the two levers, the one I have is of the 291 mm type, must be the earliest type I guess. In my opinion yours would be 251 mm.

Finally, I have not so many answers for you, on the contrary, more questions remain I think.
Can anyone with the carbs mounted in a 750 E measure the lenghts of the two long rods please ?

Thierry

1 - 10 of 10 Posts