Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
My neighbor recently gave me this campagnolo wheel, Id would like to find 3-4 more to match it.
Does anyone have a set for sale in the lower United States? Atlanta, GA area is preference but AL, SC, TN, FL are all doable.
It looks like the centerline reproductions aren't exactly the same pattern in the center.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,865 Posts
Do you have to have Campy's or can you live with the later FPS's?

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If they look identical to the 1 I already have, I don’t care. I am unfamiliar with the difference between the two, camp VS FPS, forgive my ignorance

·
Supporting Vendor
4,448 Posts
FYI these wheels were stock on some Spiders 1982-94. As Jim said, there were 2 different manufacturers - Campagnolo and FPS.

They are similar to the aftermarket Cromodora "Daytona" but differ in detail, most notably the large groove just inboard of the rim.

·
Premium Member
5,865 Posts
When Campy sold their rim division in the early 80's. They sold it to FPS. The rims are identical except it will have FPS instead of Campagnolo casted in it and they weigh a couple of pounds more. Since the Campy's are magnesium and the FPS are just standard alloy wheel.

Only the 82's, 83's and maybe the 84's are Campy's. After that they are all FPS until the end of the Spiders in 93.

Most people refer to them as the Veloce wheels or 5 star rims.

I might have a set of the FPS off of an 85. I also have 1 NOS one still in the Alfa box.

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When Campy sold their rim division in the early 80's. They sold it to FPS. The rims are identical except it will have FPS instead of Campagnolo casted in it and they weigh a couple of pounds more. Since the Campy's are magnesium and the FPS are just standard alloy wheel.

Only the 82's, 83's and maybe the 84's are Campy's. After that they are all FPS until the end of the Spiders in 93.

Most people refer to them as the Veloce wheels or 5 star rims.

I might have a set of the FPS off of an 85. I also have 1 NOS one still in the Alfa box.
Thank you for the info.

Im interested in the set of 4 FPS, PM the price?

·
Premium Member
5,865 Posts
Thank you for the info.

Im interested in the set of 4 FPS, PM the price?
Let me look and see what I have and the condition tomorrow. I'll PM you tomorrow evening.

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you!

·
Premium Member
1984 GTV6, 1973 Berlina, 1987 Milano
1,837 Posts
If you're buying a full set you should buy the ones from Centerline. They look better, they are easier to clean and they are new.

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
The real Daytona style wheel is the one Centerline is selling. It was introduced as the original equipment wheel on the Ferrari Daytona in 1969 and became available in other sizes as an aftermarket wheel. The one you have is a slightly different version that was used as original equipment on the Veloce Spiders after 1982.

For all I remember the original Daytona wheel was a Cromodora design. Perhaps the difference was introduced by Campagnolo to avoid making a direct copy of a competitor's product.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts