Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Van Lingen has this Gauge / Dashboard Plate | Search Parts | Van Lingen - Alfa Parts, which might or might not help given what you're after. On the other hand, my one experience with them is that they're not communicative (at least not by email) and don't update their web site to match their stock. Ymmv.

Also could've sworn that I saw some of these available on eBay.de or eBay.it (or even eBay.co.uk?). I was searching for something else for my Montreal only about a week ago and I seem to recall this being among the used Montreal parts that I saw. Don't hold me to it but it might be worth a quick search.

·
Registered
3,943 Posts
Does anyone know where I might obtain a set of 4 dashtop vents?
Hi Rob, I just remembered that Edgar Bortolini had a set of dashtop vents made on a 3D printer in Brazil. He provided contact information for the 3D printer, which I can't find and said that they could provide the 3D scan of coordinates for someone to print. They probably could also print up a few sets. He'll most likely see this thread and provide the necessary information.

Mark

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Marvelous. No doubt about you, Mark. You obviously did your apprenticeship with Bruce. I have my fingers crossed because the prototype I cut out from a piece of cardboard looks like a piece of something else.

Have a happy day
Rob

·
Registered
3,943 Posts
Also could've sworn that I saw some of these available on eBay...only about a week ago and I seem to recall this being among the used Montreal parts that I saw.
You may have seen the matched set of dash top vents that I listed. When I bought them from Australia (~$99), they were listed for type 105 Alfa's; and I thought they would fit the Montreal. They were P/N 105.44 (European GTV) and did not fit so they were resold ($60). :surprise:

Mark

·
Registered
409 Posts
Hi Rob, the name of the 3D printer guy is Rodrigo Krug and you can reach him at [email protected]

He have made a pair of vents for me which adapt perfectly there at the Monti dash and the CAD drawings are still with him. In case he do not get back please let me know.

Good luck!

·
Registered
409 Posts
Here is a quick snapshot of the CAD rendering from a real part scan and the grey test part before he proceeds to the final black plastic.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,943 Posts
Potato chip dash vents?

Here is a quick snapshot of the CAD rendering from a real part scan and the grey test part before he proceeds to the final black plastic.
Thanks Edgar! Oh Man, those new parts look beautiful. Are there two sets of "D" and two sets of "S" on the Montreal dash? I have only removed the two that were on the instrument housing to replace with two 'less warped' ones.

Best regards,
Mark

·
Registered
409 Posts
Mark, hard question. My Monti came with S and D at the dash and two D´s at the instrument cluster cover. During the centenary at the Arese Museo I took some pictures of the Orange Monti and it matches mine. I forgot to mention the last pic I post is the 3D printing of my GTV 1750 vents. The Monti vents have another design. Core is the same. Less thick. The small handle to rotate the vent uses another design. Here it is the original ones, in the correct position, S - sinistra - left and D - destra - right.

Attachments

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi Edgar

Just to let you know that I only noticed your posting on the weekend and subsequently emailed Rodrigo. I'm so pleased to tell you that he is able to make them for me. I've been trying to find a set of vents everywhere for the past 3 months and you have no idea how happy this has made me. I want my restored Montreal to be as good as new when it's finished. So it's all thanks to you. I'm so very grateful.

Have a happy day
Rob

·
Registered
3,943 Posts
I had some brief email contact from Rodrigo Krug but was unable to make any progress on a set of 4 Montreal vents.

Mark

·
Registered
3,943 Posts
Derek, I have one or two vents that are a 'little toasty' (like potato chips), that could work in a pinch if you don't already have a vent to cover the hole, LMK.

Mark

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
Yes please Mark. If you could hold one of those for me that would be great. I'll shoot you a PM.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts