Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day fellow Alfisti
I have just joined, and am researching a potential project.
I’m in the UK and wondered if anyone has advice when it comes to renovation or sourcing replacement for 105 saloon dash tops.
I only have photos, so potential full extent is unknown, but imagine a big rodent took chunks out, down to the foam...
Is there any “go-to” artisans out there who could save/retrim the existing, or a good place to look for serviceable replacements?
I believe the binnacle is ok, so just the (black) vinyl. Any advice appreciated in advance, many thanks!
PS She’s a leftie, by the way. The car, not the other half....
Ben

·
Registered
24 Posts
I took the dash apart and recovered with leather. While laborious, it was one of the easier tasks of restoring my 1971 Super.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi SuperTS - Thanks, I fear I may be in the same position, but hey, that's what retirement hobbies are all about.....right?🤪

·
Premium Member
21,451 Posts
I have a used pad and perhaps a NOS pad if I look. Both LHD. I've had ones in my car upholstered more than once, they do fine if you can keep them out of the sun as much as possible.
Andrew

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Andrew:
It will be great to keep in mind your potential stock availability.
Could you advise pricing for used and NOS if you can....
(I haven’t secured the vehicle yet)
thanks, Ben

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Hi Ben,

Welcome to the alfabb.

If you have a cracked dashboard, I will search quietly a very correct dashboard, well preserved.
because then there will be a lot of work to replace the old one and put the new one in place.
And you will need the full free time you have to do it. :):)

Good luck for the project, you have here nice people to help you. Don't hesitate to ask questions.

Best wishes from France
Chris

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Ben,

Welcome to the alfabb.

If you have a cracked dashboard, I will search quietly a very correct dashboard, well preserved.
because then there will be a lot of work to replace the old one and put the new one in place.

Good luck for the project, you have here nice people to help you. Don't hesitate to ask questions.

Best wishes from France
Chris
Hi Ben,

Welcome to the alfabb.

Best wishes from France
Chris
Hi Ben,

Welcome to the alfabb.

Best wishes from France
Chris
Merci Chris, tres gentil
I am enquiring before purchase of the car to see what is available.
I agree that all responses are positive and friendly here. J’aime beaucoup !
I hope to have all the free time I need, soon, to progress my favourite pastime.
Cordialment,
Ben

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Maybe I missed something, but what car it is ? Berlina, Giulia saloon, which engine.
Chris

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Chris, my bad, I forgot to say I’m planning on a 105 giulia saloon 1600 super.
not purchased yet but soon!

Ben

·
Premium Member
21,451 Posts
Here are the two I have. One NOS with a bit of mildew from 30 years in a guy's garage, and one that's structurally sound but needs recovering of the pad in vinyl.

If you want to proceed send me a note and we can talk. Shipping will be $$ I'm sure due to length.
Andrew

Attachments

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Very pretty car and fun to drive. I had one 15 years ago. A good choice Ben !

I hope you can take possession of this car.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts