Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you think i can fit the dash of a scalino in a non scalino car?
And which dash you prefer out of the 2?

·
Registered
8,607 Posts
Do you think i can fit the dash of a scalino in a non scalino car?
And which dash you prefer out of the 2?
You are suggesting what? there are two scalino dashes... pods or flat dash would say anything is possible if the tach and speedo fit.. but not practical from where I sit.........totally bad idea unless you expect to keep the car FOREVER.. Is it really worth it.? I and most prefer the dash that came with the car

·
Registered
4,405 Posts
You are suggesting what? there are two scalino dashes... pods or flat dash would say anything is possible if the tach and speedo fit.. but not practical from where I sit.........totally bad idea unless you expect to keep the car FOREVER.. Is it really worth it.? I and most prefer the dash that came with the car
Maybe he asking about preference between the 2 types of finish on the flat top dashed. Painted grey or wood look. K

·
Registered
4,405 Posts
Btw there are both those types of dashes, flat and pods for 1300 GT juniors step nose. Late ones had the pods for Speedo and tach as in 1750. But I don't know if easily interchanged or if flat can easily go to later chassis. People do put 1750 dash into 2 ltr.

There is a stamped steel panel welded under the flat top dash that you would have to source from a wreck or reproduce in some way at the very least. Someone might post a picture for you.

I like the earlier painted dash as in GTA best but would agree with others about the hazard in loss in value in non originality. Maybe just buy a step nose car.

Ken

·
Registered
8,607 Posts
Btw there are both those types of dashes, flat and pods for 1300 GT juniors step nose. Late ones had the pods for Speedo and tach as in 1750. But I don't know if easily interchanged or if flat can easily go to later chassis. People do put 1750 dash into 2 ltr.

There is a stamped steel panel welded under the flat top dash that you would have to source from a wreck or reproduce in some way at the very least. Someone might post a picture for you.

I like the earlier painted dash as in GTA best but would agree with others about the hazard in loss in value in non originality. Maybe just buy a step nose car.

Ken
I am fully aware of the difference. I owned a '69 1300 Junior with the pods and I do believe that dash and instrument layout was arguably more aestheticly and ergonomically appealing than the prior flat dash layout. ...which led me to think he meant to go in that direction. Thanks

·
Registered
4,405 Posts
Yes, The original question could have been more clear and we still do not know which year and model original poster is considering to dash back date.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts