Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone tried using those dash/instrument panel overlay panels that IAP and Centerline sell? I just bought a new console top section and would like to easily clean up the top of the cracked dash in my '83.

If yes, photos would be great!

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Vin, thanks for the link. Sounds like the Centerline version is a bit better than IAP's.

·
Premium Member
71 Berlina 74 GTV 17 Giulia Q4
6,471 Posts

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I took the dash from my 78 spider to a vinyl repair facility in Houston, the kind that repairs restaurant chairs and benches, etc. It cam back looking like new.

·
Premium Member
71 Berlina 74 GTV 17 Giulia Q4
6,471 Posts
whoaa now, I'd bet a six pack there are a lot of GTV owners who would like to know the name of that company, spiders too!

nice hookup by the way:)

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Last night I got lost in a tangle of interior restoration threads; can't wait to tackle the interior! Great info guys!

·
1966-2013
13,741 Posts
Be careful working with the interior.

It has the phycological edge of being what you see most when driving, so gets a lot of care and detailing. Downside is it also helps make sure bodywork doesn't get accomplished, because you don't think about/care about what you can't see while scratching down the backroads. IOW, that crack in the dash annoys you FAR more than the ding in the door for example. Even passengers will note interior detail and ignore the body, especially if the interior is really nice.
(I liken it to a house: paint chips and weeds are acceptable, but crappy furniture is not)

I've fallen victim to it myself, to the point where I've got holes to deal with now instead of simpler fixes.... but my interior looks good :)

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Unfortunately I don't remember the shop in Houston, but I have looked here in Phoenix and with a little searching found several shops that could prob do the job. So checking the local phone/business directories would be the place to start.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts