Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pulled the dash out of my 71 GTV to tryout the reflective foil trick to brighten up the gauges. While the dash is out, are there any maintenance tasks I should take care of? Everything looks goods, albeit a bit dirty. I do have a fuse 1(courtesy lights, cig lighter, and rear defogger) issue that I trying to track down. More postings on that to come.

·
Supporting Vendor
4,448 Posts
Definitely have the heater core checked/flushed and replace the heater valve. Those two jobs are so easy with the dash out and a major PITA with it in.

Joe

·
Premium Member
22,971 Posts
Also check the function of the heater fan while it's out. The bushings can seize up from rust, standing water, etc., in the bottom of the heater box. I'd also drill one or two drain holes in the heater box to allow water to run out, if it gets in, rather than drown the fan.

Andrew

·
Premium Member
22,971 Posts
The tunnel/floor. But it's better than having it puddle in the bottom of the heater and ruin the fan, I think. This is meant to be a drain for incidental water, not regular large amounts, like that are supposed to drain out through the cowl drain.

Andrew

1 - 6 of 6 Posts