Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If someone has an Alfetta GT and has a dash with these center indents, I'd like to know if the correct glove box door has the indents or not (as in 2nd photo). If the glovebox does have indents, I'm looking for one in excellent condition.

Also, what was the large hole above the dimmer knob cut-out for? Rear windshield wiper?

Attachments

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
8oclock, that's what I was thinking except that I have that glovebox door and as you can se, it doesn't line up at all.

Attachments

·
Registered
183 Posts
Mebee there is a difference between model years, I don't know. Could also be just deformed from UV, passage of years to. Really, my glove box door fits slightly ****eyed too.
8oclock

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
Here's a picture of my 79 as well. No mention in any reference material I have that shows anything circular mounted to the left of the steering wheel. Note that the glove box door hinges are not visible in these two 1979 model year photos.
8oclock what's that warning light to the left of your steering wheel? I do not have this and to the best of my knowledge my instrument panel is original.

Attachments

·
Registered
183 Posts
The car is still stored for season so I can't go check, but I'm pretty sure its the "Exhaust Temperature" warning light. This was a Cali car with full monty APC.

8oclock

·
Registered
363 Posts
On Euro cars, the upper circular device on the left side is the emergency blinker and the lower is rear window heating. (Dimmer control is in the tachometer.) However, they have no rectangular stuff on the right side.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts