Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got an Alfa! :D An '87 Veloce...black w/tan. :cool: It's not perfect, but it's mine! There are many improvements that can be made, but I'm getting my feet wet slowly...I'm very much a novice.

Anyway...I bought fairly close to home (IN), and the previous owner brought it up from AZ a few years ago. It has a "carpeted" dash cover, with an uncracked, original dash underneath! The PO said that dash covers are common in AZ to keep the dash from cracking...:confused: I'm planning (and have) used this as a nice day, daily driver, and it sits in the parking lot, top down in the sun. Should I keep the cover on? It doesn't bother me like I thought it might, but I hate to hide nice dash...but I don't want it to crack.

Any thoughts? Thanks!!!!

·
Registered
204 Posts
If you decide to take off you dash cover and want to prevent cracking, I'd recommend 303 protectant, used regularly. My spider gets parked in the sun occasionally and this product seems to have worked well for me as I have no cracks......yet. It also doesn't have that "glossy" sheen of other products like Armorall.

Best Regards,
Paul

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, Paul! That sounds perfect! I looked it up and I found a local marina that carries it. Sounds like a good product. I'll give it a try!

Do you use the 303 on other interior parts or just the dash?
Tom

·
Registered
204 Posts
I use it all over the interior where there is vinyl or plastic. Dash, seats, door panels and even the plastic trim along the top edge of the door panels. Have used it for the last 3 years and really believe you can't get anything better. I have not put it on any leather parts and don't know what the results would be. Hope it works as good for you as it has for me.

Best Regards,
Paul

1 - 5 of 5 Posts