Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Interesting - Hein Brand has one for Euro 128.94 before shipping so this price seems good. Have others done business with these people before?

·
Premium Member
963 Posts
i just pulled one off my dash (PO had installed it). Mine looked a little wavy and I didn't like seeing the edge along the face of the instruments (I have a '71). Overall the fit was OK though and depending on your definition of "daily driver" one of these may work fine for you. Be advised they may further damage the surface of the dash depending on how you install it. Mine was held down randomly across the face of the dash with silicone glue/sealant, making more work for me to try to restore the dash using one of the methods documented on the BB.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I don't know where it was purchased, but the PO installed cap on my '69 is cracked. Can only imagine what the damage will be if I try to remove it.

Anyone have any experience with the mobile vinyl repair services that I've seen available in the Marin/Sonoma area?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
13,987 Posts
Anyone have any experience with the mobile vinyl repair services that I've seen available in the Marin/Sonoma area?
No, but I used to own a GTV that had a restored dash from "Just Dashes". The quality was excellent.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i just pulled one off my dash (PO had installed it). Mine looked a little wavy and I didn't like seeing the edge along the face of the instruments (I have a '71). Overall the fit was OK though and depending on your definition of "daily driver" one of these may work fine for you. Be advised they may further damage the surface of the dash depending on how you install it. Mine was held down randomly across the face of the dash with silicone glue/sealant, making more work for me to try to restore the dash using one of the methods documented on the BB.
Hey cabi, do you have a link to a restore dash method? I have not run across that in my Search. Thank you!

·
Registered
155 Posts
I bought a cover from Centerline and di not glue it down. It looks good and protects the dash from further damage until I get around to fixing it for good.

I have a 69 1750 gtv

Scott

1 - 13 of 13 Posts