Alfa Romeo Forums banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
But Mad North-Northwest
13,572 Posts
Glad the new cap worked. I'm kind of puzzled how the metal thickness could make a difference, but results are results. Maybe that additional clearance from the repro cap's thinner metal is just too much.

The later cars like my S4 used a plastic oil cover, but also switched to a thicker ridged gasket. The later gasket might be worth trying as well on an earlier car with leaks, I dunno.

Hello,
feel free to contact us if you want more informations about this cap ([email protected])
I'm kind of thinking that if I have to ask, I probably can't afford it. Installing one would likely double the value of my GTV :LOL:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Glad the new cap worked. I'm kind of puzzled how the metal thickness could make a difference, but results are results. Maybe that additional clearance from the repro cap's thinner metal is just too much.

The later cars like my S4 used a plastic oil cover, but also switched to a thicker ridged gasket. The later gasket might be worth trying as well on an earlier car with leaks, I dunno.

I'm kind of thinking that if I have to ask, I probably can't afford it. Installing one would likely double the value of my GTV :LOL:
(y):)

21 - 28 of 28 Posts