Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where I can source Dark Green Spark Plug Wires for my Spider?

I've seen them in pictures, so I'm sure they're out there.

Thanks - Dickson

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Those look to be similar to the ones I ordered from Centerline - and am returning today. Too short, and very thin.

·
1966-2013
13,741 Posts
Did you get the 5mm ones or the 7mm ones from Centerline?

The 7mm are meant for the 2L engines.
Length should be roughly the same between both sets as the dizzy and plugs are set up the same way. Coil wire could be a 'thing' though depending on specific location (or relocation as the case may be)
Barring the diameter issue, are you sure you routed them correctly?

Just curious.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Darren - I'm not sure, and the return package is already sealed up....

On thing for sure, the coil wire is not long enough. On my 74 the coil is mounted near the firewall on the passenger side, where the distributor is same side but at the front of the engine. I bet that the coil wire is 36" long....I'll call Centerline today. Thanks.

·
Supporting Vendor
4,423 Posts
Dickson has a '74 Spider, so neither of the sets of green Cavis wires we carry are correct for his car.

The 5mm wires (IW401) are for 750/101 cars

The 7mm wires (IW405) are for the 105 series cars (1600 engine)

We used to carry a set of green Cavis wires specifically for the 1969+ cars but discontinued it about 5 years ago due to a lack of interest...

·
Certified Oldschooler
7,044 Posts
Do these have red/brown Bakelite connectors?

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Joe - I can't be more complimentary about you guys at Centerline. UNPAID TESTIMONIAL: You're truly the parts shop for the Alfa enthusiast. Between your welcoming me on visits to the shop, or to Bob & Ian on the phones - top marks.

I talked to Ian yesterday about the wires. He relayed that you don't carry those, but then suggested that I look to bulk wire and make my own. Great solution - and certainly one I doubt "the other guys" in Charlottesville would have cared enough to suggest! THANKS - Dickson :)

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just found - and ordered - some dark green flexible paint.

I'll try the el cheapo DIY method. Clean the ones I have really well, and paint them.

It's worth the $12 to try.....

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Joe - I can't be more complimentary about you guys at Centerline. UNPAID TESTIMONIAL: You're truly the parts shop for the Alfa enthusiast. Between your welcoming me on visits to the shop, or to Bob & Ian on the phones - top marks.

I talked to Ian yesterday about the wires. He relayed that you don't carry those, but then suggested that I look to bulk wire and make my own. Great solution - and certainly one I doubt "the other guys" in Charlottesville would have cared enough to suggest! THANKS - Dickson :)
I would like to know where one could buy the cavis wire inbulk and the wire ends.

Ken

1 - 15 of 15 Posts