Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody ever tightened up the nut on the pin at the top of the clutch pedal without taking the whole blasted mechanism apart? I am trying to avoid bleeding anything to do this. Surprised me on a nice summer cruise in the country. Little devil. :)

Raster
86 Spider Veloce

·
Premium Member
2,073 Posts
Are you sure the nut came loose, because its not very likely.
What's more common is the weld on the clutch pivot arm starts to fail and and you loose some of your pedal travel until the weld completely gives.

There is a how to change the clutch pivot arm in the FAQ section. You do not need to remove the clutch master or brake master to change the pivot, however doing so does give you a lot more room to work.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you sure the nut came loose, because its not very likely.
What's more common is the weld on the clutch pivot arm starts to fail and and you loose some of your pedal travel until the weld completely gives.

There is a how to change the clutch pivot arm in the FAQ section. You do not need to remove the clutch master or brake master to change the pivot, however doing so does give you a lot more room to work.
Thanks for the info. I will check out the FAQ. The only reason I thought the nut may be loose is that you can pull the pedal back up and sometimes it catches and works the clutch. Either way, she comes apart now!! Great if I don't have to bleed the brakes but if I do, the only loss is time!

raster
86 Veloce

1 - 3 of 3 Posts