Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
beautiful car. Nice to see one so nicely preserved.
Wheel spacers would fill in the fenders nicely - but certainly looks fantastic as is.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you! I'd like to see the wheels pushed out as well, or even a wider wheel with more offset. I keep looking @ the Hawk Stratos (replica Stratos) "coffin spoke" wheels that are same pattern as V6 Alfas. I am trying to picture it in my head, those wheels in a satin silver or black on this car.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Great car, sometimes I wonder why I love the Maratona so much, but I think these photos explain it well!

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks guys. Sam W can you elaborate on the motor in your avatar? Is it carbureted?

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
thanks guys. Sam W can you elaborate on the motor in your avatar? Is it carbureted?
No, just sans the plenum. That is 2.5 in my 86 GTV6, mild headwork, ceramic coated CSC headers, honed the intake runners, cleaned it up. Good motor, I have about 30k miles on it now.

Your father's Maratona is awesome, almost bought one years ago, it just did not work out with timing, but I still have an eye out for one!

·
Administrator
17,709 Posts
Great pictures! I keep coming back to study the photos again & again. It appears to be very well taken care of - almost an Alfa time machine. Has your Dad owned it since new? It looks like it could serve as an example for concours grading (if one were into that sort of 'original' competition).

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Great pictures! I keep coming back to study the photos again & again. It appears to be very well taken care of - almost an Alfa time machine. Has your Dad owned it since new? It looks like it could serve as an example for concours grading (if one were into that sort of 'original' competition).
no he's owned it for maybe 3 years now, but has done a lot of spit shining. I helped detail the engine compartment, to me it needs a bunch more tidying up, but it's a driver. Sure runs good and sounds better. He made the look a like Maratona hood window, added the Verde wheels and did a bunch of clean up on it. Still needs some repair work on roof (just ahead of hatch), wheels that fit the fenders, some electrical tidying, the correct heater hose, maybe find a set of orig driving lights. Oh and 30-50 more hp. Just kidding dad.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Nothing like a well sorted-out CLEAN GTV6! Props to you and your dad. I like the Verde wheels too. Unfortunately, wheel manufacturers have a myriad of spoked designs and practically no "phone dial" types to choose from.

Trying to fill those Maratona wheel wells will be a bit of a challenge. I suggest your dad call Charlie at Serpent AutoSport, he seems to have managed pretty good with his car.
Charlie GTV6 3.5 wheels.jpg

·
Registered
24 Posts
Can you still get the body kit ?, i think that it was avanti or something similar that claimed to have the moulds but i couldnt contact them. Doug

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks again guys for the compliments. My dad actually would prefer an Alfetta/Sprint Veloce cosmetically, but I'm sure the V6 car is more rewarding to drive and forgiving to own. He had 2 Alfettas when I was a kid, one was '76 (or '77?) Andretti version, white with rear lip spoiler, plaque on dash, etc and I remember it was a great car (sounded fantastic) the other was a gold '78 Sprint Veloce that we had lots of issues with, mostly with driveshaft guibos. The white Andretti car got me into cars at age of 7 yr old. Lately, Dad's on the hunt for wheels that will fill the flares up.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Update, in the coming weeks the car's getting a Milano 3 liter with 164S cams transplanted in. Should be interesting. Dad's excited.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I bought your dad's car! Funny that I came across this thread looking for bigger wheels. I'm considering just about anything. Any ideas?

·
Registered
266 Posts
Never mind all that; does he let you drive it! That's the test, I know the car had history before he owned it and now he may be very protective (Selfish) of the old girl!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts