Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All
I took my1970 GTV 1750 cylinder head to a local machine shop that is known for their high quality work. As is to be expected they have no experience with Alfa Romeo (no kidding :rolleyes:)
So to make sure everything goes well they have asked me for engine and head specs. I got what was available from Centerline web site but they still need the VALVE HEIGHT. Concern is since the history of the head is unknown that if the seats have been cut before and are cut too much there will be no room for adjusting the valves.

So after aaaall the rambling:D... What is the standard valve height for the 1750 head and what is the permisible range????
Muchas Gracias for your help!!
Luis
PS- There should be a sticky thread in the engine rebuild Forum with all specs for the NORD engine... and others as well if anybody is interested on the rest :)

·
Registered
5,303 Posts
Why not send the head to one of the Alfa experts oft mentioned on the BB? You'll likely get better results with good costs - an expert can do things faster than a really talented one learning every step.

Robert

·
Premium Member
71 Berlina 74 GTV 17 Giulia Q4
6,632 Posts
This is not exact but the valves sit on the seats and should be proud of the area where the side of valve seat contacts the head. If the seat has been ground down so far the valve appears to be recessed into the head you've got a problem. Not terminal but not normal either. Just make sure that if you do have to take a little off the top of the valve you don't take so much that the side of the shim sits on the keeper. Otherwise you will never be able to get the right valve lash setting.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Do you mean valve length, and spring height? See if these help. has valve guide and spring specs as well.
75-01-037.jpg
75-01-038.jpg
75-01-039.jpg

Hope this helps,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts