Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can now offer these hard to find Seals for Alfa Romeo. They are the same as those used on The Alfa Romeo Montreal which requires 3. 1 for the Spica Drive, 1 for the Distributor Drive and 1 for the Blanking Plate. Images are attached here. Please let me know. Thank you.

Attachments

·
Push hard and live
8,935 Posts
Hmmm. Ok, I'll take a total of 6.

Thanks

·
Registered
9,241 Posts
Wrong forum, I presume. These are not used on 1900/2000/2600 cars. Maybe admins can move the thread?

·
Push hard and live
8,935 Posts
Ruedi,

They ARE used on the 1900/2000. These are the same seal as used on the 2000 (and I assume 1900) distributor drive.

·
Registered
263 Posts
If its for the end cap on the valve cover without the distributor and the one for the distributor seal to valve cover/head.....I just picked up two with my Afra order for $3...maybe $5 each. That might be worth the little bit of extra effort to email, wait for the quote....send money and hope things arrive. Have to say, my "stuff" arrived three days after I paypal'd against the quote.

Here's the link to the afra part on their website. Picture is not related to our car...it was cheap enough and listed for a 2000 Spider that I took a flyer and, well it fit on both sides.

http://afra.it/english/alfaromeo-epoca-4.asp?codice=102&accessorio=60715345

·
Push hard and live
8,935 Posts
If its for the end cap on the valve cover without the distributor and the one for the distributor seal to valve cover/head.....I just picked up two with my Afra order for $3...maybe $5 each. That might be worth the little bit of extra effort to email, wait for the quote....send money and hope things arrive. Have to say, my "stuff" arrived three days after I paypal'd against the quote.

Here's the link to the afra part on their website. Picture is not related to our car...it was cheap enough and listed for a 2000 Spider that I took a flyer and, well it fit on both sides.

Afra s.a.s. - Alfa Romeo 2000 Serie 102 Vintage spare parts
Dan,

The last time I checked, the world was out of these things. AFRA is at $3 - $4? If so, Karl, I'll ask you hold my order. I'm always prepared to support a parts initiative, but the disparity of $280 for 6 vs $40 for 10 is a bit too much of a leap. Maybe you need to re-think the amortization schedule on your tooling?

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Don,
I have cancelled your PayPal Invoice. I have to say that until you sent me your e-mail this evening, I had no idea that these seals were still available, much less that they cost $4.00 each!
Anyway, I must say that this exercise cost me the Tooling for the Seals, and it would take 10 sets before I have paid for the Tooling. Can't do anything about that! Lesson learned, at least I have a new set for my engine and a few spares as well.
I have tried to order some from AFRA in the last couple of hours to see if they are really available, but my server keeps getting rejected. I need to finish off my engine re-build, so new seals are worth it to me.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Alfa Romeo Montreal - Cylinder Head Seals #105. 55.05.128.00

For anyone interested in these Seals, I have tried AFRA but to no avail so far. It has been a few weeks without any response whatsoever, so I will take it that they are not available. Regardless of price, can anyone tell me if these things can be had from another supplier? If not, you can get them from me. Part Number # 105.55.05.128.00
Please let me know if you are interested.
The Alfa Montreal uses 3 X off (1 Spica Drive, 1 Distributor Drive and 1 for the Blanking Plate)
The Alfa 2000 and 1900 use 1 X off (Distributor Drive)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
21,166 Posts
I can move this thread, but sounds like it has application here too.
Maybe a quick mention over on the Montreal forum pointing here.
Andrew

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi Andrew,
I have it on the Montreal forum as well. The same Seal is used in both models, 3 on the Montreal and 1 on the 1900, 2000 models. Guess it applies on both cases. It's your decision as the Moderator for this forum. Just let me know what you intend to do. Thanks.
Best regards,

Karl Robertson
robo330

1 - 14 of 14 Posts