Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,122 Posts
That's right, the shape of the head on the intake side is different, water jacket won't seal.
Andrew

·
Registered
793 Posts
I got it to work. I removed material on the cylinder head (boss on the intake side that interferes with the intake manifold). I then matched the ports between the head & manifold. Works well. -John

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the responses, guys. I think that, while it can be done, the mods needed are beyond what I'm comfortable with.
Looks like I'm in the market for an S2 head.
Gary

·
Premium Member
3,842 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,049 Posts
When Jim Steck built my head he used a 2L Bosch head and a Euro 1600 carb manifold. He did a lot of machining and the motor made 192 HP.

·
Richard Jemison
7,070 Posts
Weber Intake Manifold for a Bosch head

I bought it when offered, but I have several common Euro versions
so I will sell it if you want it. The nice thing about it is the ports align with the Bosch head`s ports where the early Euro versions require port matching to the later (Bosch) head port positions.

Just send me a PM.

But it`s easy to machine off the offending bulge to use the common Euro manifold. BUT you will have to use the correct gasket for the head.

·
Richard Jemison
7,070 Posts
Manifold

It does not have the mounting flange for the Early weber pivot arm to bolt too.

If your car uses the Spica cable pull fixtures I can fabricate a bracket and cable locking fitting for a "Down pulling" cable linkage.

The manifold I have has a middle Carb mount and the steel plate on it ties the two carbs together for syncronization so a outer plate isn`t needed. The Mounts are in perfect condition and shorter than the Nord versions.

If you want pics let me know.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts