Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey All,

I designed and made a throttle return bracket for my GTV a few months back because I did not like what was available and it seemed like a fun project. The final product looked good, functioned well and generated some interest from my posts on Instagram. As a result, I had a batch made for a few different applications and sold all of them. The material is 0.120" thick, 304 stainless and the parts are cut on a waterjet machine.

I plan on having another batch made and I wanted to see if there was any interest on the BB. The intent of the part was to provide a secondary (3rd if you count the springs in the carbs) return spring function and give a bit more resistance to throttle opening. It fits dual DCOEs (40s or 45s) with normal Alfa manifold spacing. It has served it's purpose well and I think it looks pretty elegant, perhaps not period correct enough for some though.

I have also made a Lotus version and a BMW 2002 version as the spacing is different for both. The part is currently installed on a Dinalpin A110, a Alfa GTA, a BMW 2002 Alpina, a Lotus 7 and a few GTVs so far. The attached pics are of the bracket on my GTV.

I am charging $40 each plus nominal shipping in the states (spring included). DM me if you are interested or check out more pics on my Instgram account under the username axlejor.

Thanks,
Alex

Attachments

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Nice looking. I was wondering why you found this was necessary to add? How much does it affect throttle pedal feel, heavier?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey there,

It was not really necessary to add, just a fun project. I was doing a couple race events that wanted to see a secondary return spring and I did not like the cantilevered/diving board type of options out there. It was purely a fun project to give some redundancy to my main return spring. the added benefit to me is that is has made the throttle feel a bit heavier, which I like. It may not be for everyone.

This is most certainly not a necessary modification for a well serviced, street driven Alfa; but it does give me some piece of mind and and I think it looks pretty cool.

Alex

·
Premium Member
14,214 Posts
PM sent.

I also like the way that you have routed the fuel supply without obstructing access to the top of the carb. What fittings did you use?
Thanks.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Ed.

I used Earl's M12x1.5 to -6AN fittings at the carb and then used a Aeroquip -6AN right angle to socket-less fitting connected to Aeroquip socket-less hose. They are attached together with a tee fitting under the carbs and then to a filter and then a Holly regulator.

Alex

·
Premium Member
14,214 Posts
Your preparation and attention to detail is impressive.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Are the centers the same for a 1300 veloce engine? Your solution is more elegant than the one Alfa used on my 61 with the helper spring co-linear with the horizontal throttle rod.

I'd be interested if it would fit my Sprint Speciale.
Thanks
Kevin Murray

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Kevin,

MY understanding is that it is the same spacing or at least the manifolds are cross compatible and thus the carbs are spaced the same for a 1300 compared to a 2000.

It should work for the motor in your SS. I would be honored to have this bracket in such a cool and rare car. DM me with your contact info and I will add you to my list.

Alex

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ronsbackyard,

I have been providing 4 longer screws and lockwashers in the kit to compensate for the extra thickness. The stock screws are M5x20mm I have been including 4x M5x25mm screws to make up the difference.

Good question!

Alex

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
All,

The car will be at the All Italian Car and Motorcycle Show tomorrow if you want to see what it looks like in person. Just look for the rustiest red GTV with one of the tidiest engine compartments.

Alex

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
throttle return spring bracket

axeljor,

Your bracket fills a need for me and looks good. PM sent.
Thanks.
Richard
Colorado

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hey all,

Thanks for the interest. I think I will have to make a bigger batch. 20 brackets have been requested at this point . I should be able to get the parts in hand by next week and shipped out soon after. I will be in touch with each person in the order I was contacted.

Thanks again!

Alex

1 - 20 of 71 Posts