Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fetta78's madmax thread has got me thinking of new paint jobs for my "future" car. Lets see some other custom, street or track paint jobs.

here are a couple of photochops I just did

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
I think a few of us have been thinking the same thing! Your photoshop skills are better than mine, so thanks for the images.

·
Registered
120 Posts
From the three, i'd go for the graphite metallic. Two previous variations are a bit rice IMHO. I'd stick with something history inspired schemes (red w. white nose, white w. slanted red stripe, on the sides (malboro) etc.

·
Registered
750 Posts
In 1982 I saw my first Alfetta GT - it was a dark purple color (factory color) and then was paint white on the bottom sort of like your first image being half and half, and had gold cromadoras - it was very "loud" visually but looked great and fit the car.

I'm not so sure about two-tone on the gtv6 though unless maybe two similar colors like black and charcoal maybe.

BTW - Did you see the black gtv6 on craigslist for sale?

GV

·
Registered
625 Posts
how about a yellow or gold color, or the charcoal with a lot of metal flake

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Vinny, I agree that your Photoshop skills are way ahead of mine. Unfortunately I've never figured out 'layers' nor am I good at subtle airbrushing. I do well if I stay between the lines.

However even before MadMax came onto the scene I've been playing with some 'colorful' (so to speak) ideas. So I want to state right here and now that I have a copyright/patent on semi-matt black and metallic graphite.

My really mean team of lawyers will hunt you down should you even think of using those two colors together on an Alfetta GT/GTV6.

Biba

(Do you see a stinkin' happy face?)

·
Registered
625 Posts
or pearl white or a dark red

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Re: Flat black GTV6. I believe that is Mad-Mark-Max's copyright/patent that is being infringed upon. My only copyright/patent is the semi-matt black with metallic graphite...and oh yes, red.

Biba

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Flat Black (notify the lawyers!)
That is a MEAN looking gtv6!

I have seen that yellow and white 6 a while ago for sale on ebay. Did it have a 3.0 in it?

my first gtv6 was two tone, and I really liked how it looked.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Vinny, you know you just can't 'call it' like we did when kids, ya gotta get the lawyers involved, fill out myriads of forms, then send them all off via registered letter.

This redecorating Alfetta GT's is serious business. So glad girls don't get involved. They'd be pastel or have little flowers all over.

The nice thing about Alfetta's (not so true with GTV6's) is they have virtually no value, so one isn't going to lose thousands (let alone even hundreds) on eBay for a slightly 'unique' paint scheme.

Of course we shouldn't actually modify/redecorate the body itself. Okay, I might be doing a bit on the tail portion, but since I have such great taste (not to mention modesty), it'll be cool.

Neat Ducati. I sure miss my early 60's racing Ducati I kept in the living room. I'd show you a shot of it, but unfortunately there is a nekked lady sitting on it and nekked ladies are verboten on the BB (prudes!).

Biba

·
Registered
883 Posts
PM's are OK though....:D

But nekkedness aside, I bumped into this Ferrari 308GT4 on eBay (no relation and all that jazz, but it's really worth a look....smashing!! :eek:)and the paint scheme immediately reminded me of this discussion. Looks rather nice on the Dino!! :)

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
The 308 looks great. Actually the Alfetta GT /GTV6 have a great line to follow (though it does fade out near the front wheel wells).

I just noticed the side markers are the same as on my '75 Alfetta, the front turn lights also look familiar, and of course they 'stole' my 5-Stars (though the 308's might be a tad larger). Not that I could afford it, but I sure wish there were 15" 5-Star's available in 4 x 98 mm.

The photo below is from the Alfetta GT book, though the author didn't like it.

Biba

Attachments

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I too like the idea of using the alfetta, no smog on some of them and they are cheap as hell.

Biba, what are you doing to the rear of your alfetta? I used to have a Calloway spoiler on one of my old gtv6's and I loved it. I sold it to Glenn (HeavyMetalAlfa) and I think he had plans of making replicas...

more paint jobs....

Attachments

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Balocco211, bet those aren't 15 inchers. I have the 14's on my Alfetta GT and really love them. I'm not big on gold, but have thought the gold 5-Stars look great on red cars. However, the blue (purple?) combination looks darn good.

Vinny, I have the same spoiler that Mad-Mark-Max has. However, there's a certain taillight I've always loved and have bought a pair to play with. I might keep the rear original (except for the spoiler), but probably not. This is all going on another Alfetta GT along with a Twin Spark engine.

A good friend simply gave me this car when he was moving out of state. Though it's in a lighter silver than I'm planning on, I still want to keep it in the same 'family' color wise.

Biba

1 - 20 of 20 Posts