Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my previous BMW 2002tii's had a period Recaro sport seat fitted to the driver's side that had been reupholstered to perfectly match the material and pattern of the original driver's seat. Although it wasn't original, I loved it because it had very substantial bolsters and was so much better suited for spirited driving. I was curious if any of you have done a similar 'upgrade' before, and if so what seat did you use or like for that purpose?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Funny, I'm thinking the same with my car.
I have a perfectly restored pair of original seats, but...
1. they are pretty crap with lateral support in a hotted up car and
2. I don't want to trash mint original seats.
So I might get a pair of these that I had in my old 911 - Cobra classics - will look great in an old Alfa

Attachments

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have an extra pair of BMW E30 sport seat Recaros that would be great. I would want to reupholster them to match the style of the GTV, though. Since those are "free", I may seriously end up going that direction, at least for the driver's seat. Only thing I may need to deal with is the height, though...

·
Registered
9 Posts
A timely post! I am also looking for a set for my 1750. Today I sat in the Alfaholics seat, which while looking great was a little narrow at the hips for me.

My car has Recaro Sport S seats in it now. They fit me great and are bolstered and comfortable but a little too big for the interior and don't look period correct.

I have been informed about BF Torino Nurburgring but the UK supplier isn't that helpful with sizing on the seat. Here's a rubbish picture of the Recaro S.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Check out GTS classics they have a big selection if a little pricey, still they have a solid reputation for quality

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
BF Torino make a wide range of seats which are both well made and look period correct. I purchased a pair of their "early 911 Recaro" replicas which are, indeed, very like the original optional seats frond in many period 911S. Upholstered in gray "body" (cheap and commonly available) cloth, they look period correct in my Super.

Looking at the AH seats on their site, it appears that they are using another version made by BF Torino that they upholster to suit their needs. Do a search for 911 Replica seats or BF Torino seats.

I bought my seats because I got a very good price including shipping costs. Last time I checked prices, the BF seats were going up and were approaching parity with Stefan's GTS seats here in Texas. A friend has a pair of his 911S Recaros in his air-cooled Porsche and they are very well made and fit perfectly. Stefan makes his seats himself so he can better control both quality and turn-around times. He's constructing a pair Alfa "Flying buttress" seats for a guy here on the bb. There's a big difference between Recaros, BF Torino, GTS seats and cheaper seats like Cobra.

·
Registered
465 Posts
I recently saw a GTV with Alfa 4C seats installed. Not period, but definitely application and marque correct. I'm sure they are hard to fund, but I've never looked. Perhaps you could find a set at a wrecker that are ready to bolt in. Look very choice.

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
Yuck! :)

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The more I look and shop around, the more I think the winning ticket is to custom recover my E30 Recaros... They are both comfortable and super functional for spirited driving due to the deep bolsters. I have some other projects to finish first, but after that I will post what I end up doing with them so y'all can check them out. Thanks for all the feedback so far!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts