·
Registered
7,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone put cup holders in their S4?

·
But Mad North-Northwest
11,026 Posts
Banish the heretic, bretheren! Let the Alfa Gods send bolts from the heavens to smite him! Let him flub a 2-3 shift, spill scalding hot Starbucks yuppie-coffee on his privates, and be forced to wear some sort of obvious, embarassing crotch brace for the rest of his pathetic existence!

I mean, uh, yeah...search function, yeah. That'll work...

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have an '81, not an S4, but probably the same difficulties. I finally put one on the hump between the two seat backs. Not the easiest to reach but it doesn't interfere with anything. The obvious place is where the ashtray is, but I discovered it only works if you don't need to shift into 2, 4 or R.

·
Registered
366 Posts
S3/S4 Cupholder Idea

I only sometimes put this on the parcel shelf and can reach around behind the passenger seat for my drink. Most of the time it remains in my trunk as in this photo.

It has a very heavy dive weight in the place where the tapes/CDs are supposed to go to keep it solidly in place. I covered it with extra leather left over from my seats.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
I took the screws out of my parking brake handle and when I get a coffee I pull the handle off and the cup fits nice and snug between the lever and the side of the trim.

·
Premium Member
14,675 Posts
A roll of duct tape on the floor on the passenger side. It also works for earlier Spiders, GTV's and Milano's.

Ed Prytherch
74 GTV
79 Spider
88 Verde

·
Registered
88 Posts
You know what, you are totally right. We should let every car manufacturer out there know that they have it all wrong when they have a cup holder in EVERY car they currently make.

I do see your point, but I think if done well a cup holder can not look cheap, help save the interior from spills, and also might add a bit of safety by keeping two hands on the wheel most of the time.

To each his own.

Cheers!

·
Registered
105 Posts
You want to drive, get into you Alfa
You want coffee, stop at a coffee shop
Last thing you need in your Alfa is a cup holder

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
...and if you want to sit on leather, go ride a cow :p
Or for that matter, a car is not the right place to get a tan. Get a coupé instead of that ... that hairdresser's RUF thing with no roof :D

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have an 86 spider. There's a good spot on the passenger side with three existing sides; center console on the left, seat lumbar on the back and the seat bottom on the right.Fits a large drink nicely. Only problem is falling forward when breaking. To alleviate that I added a small bracket on a spring hinge. When not being used the bracket lays flat against the center wall and can't be seen from the driver seat. When needed you can use your finger to pull the hinge out 90 degrees completing the fourth side and drop the cup in the spot. This works well as long as your passenger isn't in the way. AND no unsightly cup holders installed.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts