Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello colleagues,
the CSS 1900 2. series from texas arrived in austria.
a wonderful car.
for the preparation of the restoration I search pictures in all situations.
especially from the support structure, floors and trunk make the original beads to.
many thanks for the help
bernhard

·
Push hard and live
8,932 Posts
May I ask who was the previous owner? Was this car worked on at Ray Chovanitz shop?

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
alfa 1900 bottom metal sheet

Hi All,

see pictures of alfa 1900 floor / bottom metal sheet reproductions

bernard is your 1900CSS complete or are you missing parts ?

rgds Franco

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,681 Posts
That's my old car! I bought it in September 1999. A year later when I started looking for a 1600 GTA, I sold it to a guy Colorado who started the restoration and then sold it to the most recent owner in Texas. I have pictures of the car from when I found it. The car had been sitting in a Los Angeles driveway since 1974. I left original import papers from 1969 and old registrations in the glove box.

·
Registered
9,241 Posts
That's my old car! I bought it in September 1999. A year later when I started looking for a 1600 GTA, I sold it to a guy Colorado who started the restoration and then sold it to the most recent owner in Texas. I have pictures of the car from when I found it. The car had been sitting in a Los Angeles driveway since 1974. I left original import papers from 1969 and old registrations in the glove box.
Anthony, do you have some pics you can share?

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
super, am so happy.
if you have other things or paperwork, please send me that
'd be very grateful
best regards
bernhard

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
absolutely great
this is actually the car.
have you even further documentation from the css?
'd be very grateful if you could send me via the post
if you do not want to give the hand, I understand that absolutely.
many thanks
bernhard

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hello

I am the new owner of the 1900 Css Vin 10290. I bought the car this summer from Ben Schotz in Austin Texas.
Bernhard, a good friend of mine, will start the body restoration next spring.
Many thanks to Anthony for these incredible pictures, none of the previous owners knew them.

I have checked the history of the car as followed:

Manufactured in December 1956 and sold in February 1957 to Vicenza Italy. Body colour is grigio biacca with no information about the interior.
At this time the first owner was mostly an agent and I think the car was resold than. The next 9 years are unknown.
I have a receipt from a Speedometer repair shop in the New York area from 1966. The car was registered to Mr. Samuels. Afterwards Mr. Samuels moved to Gardena California. There are two invoices for repair works on the Css from Alfa Romeo El Segundo California, dated 1969.
I have checked the address from Mr. Samuels in Gardena via Google street view an it matches with the pictures from Anthony.
The car stood in the driveway until Anthony discovered it.
In 2001 the Touring coupe was sold to Mr. Barbour in Belvue Colorado. No he did not start the restoration, he starts the dismantling of the car. Only restoration work he did was the purchase of 5 new Borrani wire wheels with new Michelin tires.
In 2007 the car was sold to Ben in Texas. He completed the dismantling to the current condition , he bought some new parts like Nardi steering wheel, taillights, center grill, he was sandblasting the doors an rechromed some small parts.

Anthony, no the tool kit is missing unfortunately, the manual comes with the car. Do you have some more pics of the Touring or other information and documents to complete the history.
Does anybody know anything about the car ????
Please feel free an email me to [email protected]

My intention is to bring the car back to original condition.

Regards

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
Great photos..

Hi Bernhard

great photos of the restoration. Do you have more pictures. I would be very interested in other detail photos. Maybe you can send it directly to me? If yes i'll pm you my email.

I've also a 1900 from 1956 (VIN 10045) which needs a restoration. Where are you located?

Andy

Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

Attachments

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
hello andy,
i m from austria graz
more pics here. This is only an excerpt.
I prefer aluminum bodywork restored Italian classics.
I weld alumium for the old craftsmanship with the gas flame.
are further measuring technology and molds my specialty
more pictures here
i m last week to ticino - ascona.
best regards to the nice switzerland
bernhard
www.autoklassik.com

Attachments

·
Registered
90 Posts

Hi Bernhard

great photos of the restoration. Do you have more pictures. I would be very interested in other detail photos. Maybe you can send it directly to me? If yes i'll pm you my email.

I've also a 1900 from 1956 (VIN 10045) which needs a restoration. Where are you located?

Andy

Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums
Hi Andy,
lange nicht gesehen. was macht der schlafende 1900 PF?
Ich habe Deine private E-Mail adresse nicht mehr. Schickst Du mir diese mal?
Gruß
Jürgen

1 - 20 of 39 Posts