Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not that I use them in most of my cars but what are some of the common reasons for failure? I think the cruise control only worked on one of my 164's.

·
Registered
5,596 Posts
most of the time the switch on the brake pedal or clutch pedal is bent out of position, sometimes the switch itself just needs cleaning, and sometimes the pushbutton in the stalk also gets dirty and needs to be cleaned with contact cleaner

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Bob, I'll check those out.

·
Premium Member
27,100 Posts
I usually find corrosion in connector at CC ECU located in bottom of computer stack behind radio area under dash to the rear of air bag computer.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
^^ Thanks all, will give it look.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
I have a question about CC to piggyback here.

When CC is turned off, is the cable that hooks to the gas pedal completely bypassed, meaning, inoperative, dead, disconnected, not moving with the pedal. And when CC is turned on, the cable becomes "connected" to the pedal via the vacuum pull of the actuator?

(I've never had an occasion to use CC so I am not sure what the mechanical connection at the pedal should like like when CC is "off)

·
Premium Member
27,100 Posts
CC cable just dormant when CC disengaged and pedal just slides over it as you push pedal down.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
I forgot to tell ya, after adjusting the two switches at base of pedal I tried the cc for the very first time, I mean in my life... wheeee... that was fun. Will probably never use it again but it's good to know the ole girl has this hidden power.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts