Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

If someone has a 164 cruise control stalk collar lying around
could you do me a favour and measure it for me?

Just the arrowed bit here -

I need the overall diameter, thickness and recess depth ( I appreciate that that is not going to happen if it is fitted to the car! ) and if a radius gauge is available ( that's a bit of a long shot I know! ) the radius of the outer edge. The primary measurements I need though are the overall diameter and thickness.

Reason? I want to fit cruise control to my 1997 GTV ( which was never even an option on the car throughout its production history ) and as with everything I do to my car I want it to look as if it was put there by the factory. As the wipers/lights control stalks are essentially identical to those in the 164, the 164 cruise stalk is the obvious choice to me. To that end, I have purchased the Rostra 250-3304 which appears to be the same as the 164 cruise stalk

http://www.rostra.com/images/2503304/2503304-small.jpg

To make my installation look more 'factory' I want to make a replica of the 164 collar to finish it off neatly.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
26,699 Posts
Looks like you have the collar already on the stalk or is that just a picture of somebody elses?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's just a picture I've saved whilst thinking about this - but I cannot remember where from. It'll be taken down as soon as I have an answer as it is not mine.

I did mean to add that in my original post.

·
Premium Member
26,699 Posts
Looks like the part number of it is 60557835.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think that is the washer that goes under the fastening nut inside the cowl. You can sort of see the collar on the stalk in the parts diagram.

FIAT ePER

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's fantastic, thank you very much.

I have a lump of aluminium bar which should be arriving Monday. So I'll be sticking that in the lathe soon after.

Again, many thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts