Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Admin
4,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me which ones are lighter Cromodoras or Panosports in equal sizes? Also if there are any performance pros and cons between the two.

Thanks,

·
Registered
208 Posts
Re-Originals has an add in an old alfaowner for the five point cromodoras 6x14 at six kilos. 12 3/4 lbs ? I can't find a wieght for the panasports but I think they are just a little less.

Panasports are an aluminum copy of the old Minilites that are magnesium those wheels are really lite. As you know lite wheels handle better less unsprung wieght.

Panasport also makes some race only wheels I have no idea if these are liter. Does any one know if either of these wheels cool brake better than the other?

·
Registered
913 Posts
According to the IAP catalog, there are Chromadoras with both 30 and 23 mm offsets. The 23's would give a slightly wider track which is better for handling. The Panasports, again in the IAP catalog, are 22 mm offset which is ever so slightly better again. Panasport may make other offsets but you can only go so far before you encounter fender clearance issues. How far you can go depends on the tires you plan to use.

As for weight, I have an old bent 15x6 Panasport which weighs in at 14 lb. A 13x6 should be slightly less.

My guess is that there isn't much preformance difference between the lower offset Chromadora and the Panasport. Which do you think looks of better?

·
Premium Member
1,456 Posts
I hear panasports are great for cooling. They suck air in well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts