Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a set of used Cromodora rims for my 68 Giulia Sprint GT. I havent run them on the road as of yet as I have still have transmission out for rebuild. I just finnished changing all wheel studs to accommodate new rims as I still had left hand thread wheel studs on drivers side of car, and new wheel studs were a little longer. I have rims on the car now and have noticed that the outter tie rod ends are extremely close to the rim itself.I recently read that they make a Cromodora rim which has an off set and if so is this the rim I should have purchased ? Arthur

·
Super Moderator
10,599 Posts
I recently read that they make a Cromodora rim which has an off set and if so is this the rim I should have purchased?
Perhaps you should have purchased wheels with a different offset, but now that you have a set that almost fits, you could try:

- Wheel spacers, which would decrease the offset.

- Smaller tie rod ends. As I recall, these came in two variations: "inner" and "outer" which correspond to "large" and "small". Is it possible you have the larger ones on the outside?

·
Registered
349 Posts
Arthur,

I'm using the current offering, the Cromodora CD-35, which has a 23mm offset. I'm not sure how different a 74 GTV is from a 68 Giulia Sprint GT in the front suspension department, but there is about .875 or 22mm with my rim to the tie rod ends.

Wonder what you're experiencing?

Doug

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have C35 stamped on my rims, not sure what the off set is. I have less the 1/8 of an inch between rim and tie rod end. I may have to try them out under road conditions and worse comes to worse maybe add a spacer behind rim.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts