Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WTB....a set of four Cromodora 'daytona's' (early 'original' magnesium) wheels for fitment on my '73 spider. Must be correct offset and structurally sound..no cracks or worse!!

Cosmetic condition not important although 'the cleaner the better!' thanks

·
Registered
649 Posts
I have a set that may work

WTB....a set of four Cromodora 'daytona's' (early 'original' magnesium) wheels for fitment on my '73 spider. Must be correct offset and structurally sound..no cracks or worse!!

Cosmetic condition not important although 'the cleaner the better!' thanks
Simon I have a set that I got as spare wheels with my GTA. The wheels are in Michigan. I am not sure of the offset but will check if they are correct for your spider.

Bob

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bump....canambob had Campagnolo's - thanks anyway bob, I specifically want Cromodora's....pm me please if you have a decent set for sale...

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
bump....canambob had Campagnolo's - thanks anyway bob, I specifically want Cromodora's....pm me please if you have a decent set for sale...
Just FYI - The Camapagnolo Daytona was the OEM wheel made for the Spiders, starting with the series 3. Cromodora Daytonas were always the aftermarket wheel, in the 5-star style. The Campys weigh 12 lbs each.

Best regards,

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
correct me if I am wrong, but are those Campagnolo's? I am starting to get dizzy looking at all the different 'daytona's'!!! I know what I am looking for and they are the cromodora cd 35 5 star aftermarket, period correct original magnesium wheels, I believe 14 x 6 size.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
They're somewhat similar. Cromodora made the desirable ones back in the 1970's, which are probably the one's you're after. They made them for 105 series cars and limited number of ones to fit 116 (alfetta) cars. These were made of magnesium. They recently made reproductions of these in alloy, which Centerline and I.A.P. have available, but only for 105 series cars. I have a set of the reproductions on my duetto and set of the magnesium ones on my Alfetta GT.
Campagnolo, which many know for their world famous bicycle components, made the ones in the above picture for 105 series cars. The detailing and shape of the spokes, rim and wheel center is slightly different than the Cromodora.
-Clark

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I may just pick up a set of repro's since I already have 3 other sets of wheels (2 that take care of authenticity - original steel wheels), and one set of 15 x 6 panasports. Thanks everyone for info. - and if anyone has the ones that I am looking for, don't hesitate to try me!!!

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
I bought mine from Centerline. They offer free shipping. I'm not sure who actually makes the reproduction rims. They have "KBA" stamped on the rim. I'm figuring Cromodora may have subcontracted them to out to another wheel manufacturer. I don't see the name "Cromodora" on them anywhere. Not that it really matters. They're prefect rims for an Alfa or Fiat and with what rims can cost these days, they're a bargain. -Clark

·
Premium Member
628 Posts
Cromadoras: Original & Repro

Hi, I just sent you a PM. I have both for sale. Also, a friend makes nice silver and black Alfa logo sticker for the Panasport centercaps. I'll check on availability and price.

Stu

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
so many lookalikes....Here's a picture of one of the Stil-Auto rims on my GTV....they were a lot more common in Europe, I think

Attachments

·
Registered
4,450 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
what mm offset am I looking for please??

I want the 'perfect' or 'best' choice (no machining or spacers, etc.) so please inform me of the ideal offset I want (I'm assuming they are 14" x 6" ???, also if that is not correct, please inform me!! thanks and I appreciate getting all the great information from you experts!!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts