Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
I don't think they make new ones. I should have a bunch left over from my 2 sets of shafts, I'll have a look for them tomorrow if nobody else has anything.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm in Everett, WA. So...... anybody in Seattle area, with these pieces?

Pick N Pull's are an afternoon of entertainment, and have E39 BMW's (bolt circle = 94) and 3 series which I know are smaller bolt circles of 86mm. Alfa's need to do everything odd, so I'll measure what I have first. Finger cross on the commonality.

On another note: How important is this hunk of metal?

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I measured mine and it's 47mm c-c for the clip, which makes it 94mm dia. bolt circle. This is the same as used in E39 BMW (540i, if that matters). I'll confirm once I get them from the Pick N Pull. This kind of information should be useful as things are getting harder to get.

If BMW is using these, I will assume it is needed. I think it helps it not to vibrate off. BUT, on my Milano it appears on the 2 sides of the halfshafts, but NOT for the brake rotors. Should the brake rotor have these? They are all doing the same spinning.

·
Registered
609 Posts
I measured mine and it's 47mm c-c for the clip, which makes it 94mm dia. bolt circle. This is the same as used in E39 BMW (540i, if that matters). I'll confirm once I get them from the Pick N Pull. This kind of information should be useful as things are getting harder to get.

If BMW is using these, I will assume it is needed. I think it helps it not to vibrate off. BUT, on my Milano it appears on the 2 sides of the halfshafts, but NOT for the brake rotors. Should the brake rotor have these? They are all doing the same spinning.
I'd imagine so, both my Alfetta's have them on both sides of the axle. One a race car and one that's all original and was sitting for around 43 years before I bought it.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys for the offers. I found the other six of my crescent clips. I'm pretty sure for the V6 people that ones from an E39 (PCD 94mm) will fit. Also, for the 4 cylinder versions, I think the E30, E36 BMW (PCD 86mm) versions will fit. I can't confirm actual fitment since I found mine.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Thanks guys for the offers. I found the other six of my crescent clips. I'm pretty sure for the V6 people that ones from an E39 (PCD 94mm) will fit. Also, for the 4 cylinder versions, I think the E30, E36 BMW (PCD 86mm) versions will fit. I can't confirm actual fitment since I found mine.
Nice, now you don't have to wait for parts to get there :cool:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts