Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My computer has crashed (after taking forever to download the one page - + of course the ads) on this URL: http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/showthread.php?t=49643&goto=newpost

I'm on a Mac, use Netscape, and my (so-called) high speed internet conection comes from a Verizon cell tower.

However, why the problem with this one particular thread/URL?

Biba

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
:eek:OH MY GOD MY COMPUTER IS TOAST!!! :eek:

No.......not really!! It came up just fine for me, took about 20 seconds but like grimm said, no problem.

Must be that Mac thing, do they still have the little black bomb that lets you know you're screwed??;)

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
My computer has crashed (after taking forever to download the one page - + of course the ads) on this URL: http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/showthread.php?t=49643&goto=newpost

I'm on a Mac, use Netscape, and my (so-called) high speed internet conection comes from a Verizon cell tower.

However, why the problem with this one particular thread/URL?

Biba
Which version of Mac OS and machine are you using? I didn't know anyone was using Netscape these days. I use Safari and Firefox. I prefer Safari but for some reason it has problems with Ebay lately so I use Firefox for that and a couple of Windows centric government sites. Safari is the fastest. I am currently running OS 10.4.10 on a 1.25 gig G4 Powerbook.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm so glad you guys took my plight seriously.

Actually the **** Netscape crashed while I was reading your replies.

Apparently I'll need to go to Safari (which I'm on now) to be able to access the ABB.

Unfortunately I'm only set up to use Safari as a 'navigator' and not for mail & newsgroups. Therefore it's copy and paste time to visit a thread. Yeah, I know, boo hoo.

Biba

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
I'm so glad you guys took my plight seriously.

Actually the **** Netscape crashed while I was reading your replies.

Apparently I'll need to go to Safari (which I'm on now) to be able to access the ABB.

Unfortunately I'm only set up to use Safari as a 'navigator' and not for mail & newsgroups. Therefore it's copy and paste time to visit a thread. Yeah, I know, boo hoo.

Biba
I am not sure if the last bit is correct. Try going into the preferences under the "Safari" menu in the menu bar and setting the "Security" preferences to the following, then try posting. As far as I know the BB runs on Java script and if you don't tick those boxes it won't work properly. Can you also let me know what OS version you are using and the model and specs (ie RAM & processor) of your machine so I can advize you further? I have been using Macs since the 80s and work with Mac networks so I should be able to help. If this doesn't work we will try something else. One way or another we should be able to get to the bottom of it.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My Mac's OS is 10.4.2 My Security has an icon of a house with a safe's dial. The above page does not show up, but certainly must be there somewhere. Essentially all the Security on mine is for is to put in a password - which I don't want to do.

Please note that I'm not having trouble posting using Safari, it was Netscape which was the problem.

But I sure would like to find the page you are showing.

Biba

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
Open Safari and you will find it in the menu bar under "Safari" - "Preferences".

Attachments

·
Admin
4,862 Posts
Biba,

Your problem from what I've read is your internet connection and has nothing to do with the site. The page you are trying to access has a few large images on it which is over 1mb in total. This page size will be a challenge for any one using a dial up connection.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts