Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will soon be parting and then scraping out my spider. It was recently totaled in an accident. You can see that on my other posts if you are interested.
Right now it has very nice Panasports on it and I also have the original Veloce 5 spokes in the shed. I will be selling them off but will need some cheap wheels to put back on to be able to move the car around.
Does anyone know what other car wheels fit that 4 bolt pattern so that I can remove the nice wheels and put them up for sale?

Thanks,
Jim P

'87 Spider Veloce (may it rest in peace)

·
Premium Member
1,964 Posts
The bolt pattern is 4x108 if you want to search all cars with that pattern. The easiest to find will likely be the ford focus.

·
Registered
140 Posts
How often do you get up to North Fort Worth (Haslet)? I have a set of Shelby wheels that were on my Spider when I bought it. They are full of curb rash and not in super great shape. They have been taking up space in my garage for quite some time. I don't want to give them away but I'd sell 'em for cheap. Let me know if you are interested.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,631 Posts
If you were here in Vermont I'd give you a set! There sitting out in the back yard. With tires even.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Been there and done that. Here is the cheapest way to accomplish. Go to pull-a-part and buy 4 Ford Focus emergency "skinny" wheels/tires. These are in all the Ford Focus products as emergency spare tires. Expect to pay around $25.00 per wheel/tire. They will not mount up if you use any kind of an Alfa capped lug nut. To do so you will have to buy some big flat washers to space out the wheel far enough for the capped lug nut to mate up. If you buy some generic open faced lug nuts you will still have to use a few washers due to the shoulder on the lug bolt, but not as many. However you get rid of the old body shell, just let the Focus wheels go with it.

I used this method to keep the original wheels off my old black Veloce after it was ruined by flooding. I strippped out the Veloce for parts and then sold the shell with hood, trunk lid, and doors to another Alfa BBer whose son drove his Alfa Spider into a huge storm drain and totaled it. The buyer was going to strip off all the parts missing from my old Veloce and build one out of the two. I was able to give him a good title to the old Veloce shell. Last I saw of the black Veloce shell it was being towed away on the set of Focus wheels, enroute to Chattanooga.

Robert

·
Premium Member
1,727 Posts
Jim - I have a set of 4 stock wheels but no tires to put on them, however, I'll be glad to go junkyarding with you/for you to pick up some Focus Spare tires..... Let me know.
There are a couple of pickNpull places not too far from where I live. Could probably do so before the ICCS meeting on the 17th.

Bob M

1 - 8 of 8 Posts