Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Having watched as my "new" power antenna" bend and become useless and not wanting to dish out another $65 for I figured I would spring for one of those "shark" fin style antennas all over ebay.
Junk. Absolutly no gain and the innerds had less metal than a paper clip.
So, don't buy one.

Instead, I stopped off at my local junk yard and pulled a short, rubber mast type from a Subaru for $10 and even in the trunk (as it is too wide for the alfa's stock mounting spot) it works well enough.
I will eventaually have it mounted to the trunk somewhere, not liking the idea of drilling into my roof.

Image is of cheap antenna.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
15,849 Posts
I just used one of the power up and down antennas off of eBay, and located it in the same left rear fender location as the original. Has worked just fine for a few years now. Did the same for my wife's Milano.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Doesn't mean all shark fins are bad, maybe just those ones you are purchasing off e-bay are low quality, I have been in a few factory shark fin cars and reception is top notch

Do you know that the 164s went from external aerial to rear window mounted aerial thruout the series 2 12 valve, although reception is not as good as one of the original electric external aerials, this would be a good cheap option for you

1 - 3 of 3 Posts