Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To remove the crankshaft pulley, you need to unscrew the large nut that holds it to the crankshaft, this after bending back the locking tab.

What is the size of the large nut? :confused:

I need to go buy this socket, did not have one in my tool box.:eek:

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Now, I am more confused :confused:, I think I did try a 36mm and it did not fit. I am set to go to get a 38mm 3/4" socket and try it out.
Thanks!

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Mine is 38mm, but 1 1/2 socket fits too. I just bought a 1/2 drive 1 1/2 socket because it takes up less room than my 3/4 drive 38mm when I'm tight for space and they both work fine.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Eliseo, I'm pretty sure both of the prior posts are correct. It depends on which pulley your engine is using. What are you doing wrenching on your car anyway? You engineer types should never carry a wrench!

Erik

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
On the socket, I may be better off with the 1 1/2, just need to get it. Thanks GTV4EVR!

Good one Mr. Wood. ;)
I guess I will only be able to show times to back up my Engineering abilities, of course, highly supervised by Rex. :cool: Engineering and Track wise.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Sorry to hijack but I'm dealing with the same thing but using a mirror I was looking at the nut and there is some sort of washer over the top of the crank pulley nut which seems like it would prevent a socket from fitting over the nut. Is this normal or anyone else seen this before?

thanks,

rich f.
"Semper Paratus"

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
There is a washer behind the nut, one part of which gets bent up to lock the nut. You need to bend the washer back with a punch or screwdriver and hammer before loosening the nut.

·
Registered
44 Posts
There is a washer behind the nut, one part of which gets bent up to lock the nut. You need to bend the washer back with a punch or screwdriver and hammer before loosening the nut.
That's the funny thing this "washer" is in front of the nut. Not sure how it is on there but it doesn't move. I'll try and take a pic but am having trouble with pics right now.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Crankshaft pulley nut size on a 1.3 liter

Hi All,

After months of procrastination, I'm finally getting into the water pump and crankshaft pulley seal replacement on my 1300 TI. That said, does anyone know the size of the crankshaft pulley bolt on a 1.3 liter engine?

Grazie!
AA

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Hi All,

After months of procrastination, I'm finally getting into the water pump and crankshaft pulley seal replacement on my 1300 TI. That said, does anyone know the size of the crankshaft pulley bolt on a 1.3 liter engine?

Grazie!
AA
36mm

1 - 11 of 11 Posts