Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m in the early stages of converting my nord engine to EFI with ITB’s
Most things are either bought or identified I’m struggling with trigger wheel though, original plan was to machine a flat on the outer rear surface but now I have the pulley off I’m a little concerned there is not enough metal left after machining
Can anyone tell me if the pulley of a twinspark will fit a nord engine? If it does and I can find one it has the 36 tooth wheel already mounted
Interested in anyone else’s solution to this area of the conversion

·
Registered
858 Posts
Yes, TS pulley will fit, it has already the tooht ring attached to it, you will need also the front cover to mount the cranck sensor

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, TS pulley will fit, it has already the tooht ring attached to it, you will need also the front cover to mount the cranck sensor
Good news then, all I need do now is find one, I have plan B in the wings so may go down that route just in case I can’t find one, thanks for reply

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
Umm twinspark trigger wheel is 60-2

Umm

The Twinspark pulley will come with a 60-2 trigger wheel and not the 36-1 trigger wheel you mentioned in your post. The 36-1 trigger wheel is proprietary to FORD and their EDIS system.

One thing I've often thought of, is building a seperate electronic "black box" that would combine the input of the two existing flywheel sensors into either a 60-2 type signal or a 36-1 type signal.

You should list your location in your profile.

Hope this helps

Bye

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I live in UK, will probably fit a generic trigger wheel, I will take the bits to a local machine shop to see if it’s possible and cost effective
Will post some photos if this works out

1 - 5 of 5 Posts