Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,
Looking for a NON-CRACKED crank pulley for a 1750 SPICA injected motor. I’m rebuilding a 1750 motor and keeping the SPICA injection on it and my crank pulley is cracked.
I’m not sure, but will 2L crank pulleys work?
Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
2,142 Posts
Let me look in a couple of hours I may have a single row Spica pulley and a water pump in my race spares, will post photos here, thanks

·
Premium Member
2,142 Posts
Here is the pulley, good shape no seal groove, no cracks 105.51 part number $40.00 plus postage (working on water pump picture)
0754DC85-BD2D-4862-B47E-31ADC0CACAB5.jpeg

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK, that’s the pulley I’m looking for! The crack on mine was where the key slot was. I’ll take it if there is no crack there.
Is you water pump new or used?
Thanks!

·
Premium Member
4,518 Posts
Remember the 1969 pulleys are marked different from the 1971 pulleys. Alfa change the pump timing mark.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh geez, this is getting complicated. I think I’ll be happy if I can just get one with no cracks. I’m building a 69 motor for a 69 GTV.

·
Premium Member
4,518 Posts
Let classicalfas do that. The 69's were suppose to be retimed to the newer timing that came in on the 71 models. All the marks are the same except for the pump timing mark.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Fred, thank you for the pulley!

Jim G - Are you saying Fred’s pulley is from a 71 motor? Is there a document that tells us how many degrees the marks should be on the pulley?

·
Premium Member
4,518 Posts
I could not tell you with out comparing it to a later model pulley. From 71 on the pump timing marks are the same.

I'm sure Fred knows what to look for.

69 was a one year only pulley.

·
Administrator
448 Posts
Just look here:

Salutations rom the Baltic Sea

Bernhard

·
Premium Member
4,518 Posts
I came across these tonight. Factory tech bulletin on remarking the pulley.

Attachments

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Wow, awesome! Thank you!

My 1969 parts manual had this pic and serial number for the pulley. The pulley I got from Fred is 105.51 but the last numbers are different. If Fred’s pulley is from a later 1750, will it have the mark in the new location or will it also have to be remarked?

Pete, can you please post the serial number from the pulley? Also, can you measure where the “I” is from the “M?”
Thanks

1 - 19 of 19 Posts