Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Admin
4,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the middle of a engine tear down and I found out the cause of my low oil pressure readings while at idle. It seems that the car had lost two of its crank plugs during its 55,000 mile life. There also seemed to be a few other mystery bits in stuck to the screen as well.

I managed to snap a few shots and share them for future reference.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,568 Posts
Hi Simon,

You probably already know that the "fix" is to tap the oil holes and install threaded plugs. This can be somewhat difficult due to the hardened crankshaft, but there's probably a lot of local knowledge in your area. If you have this done, don't forget to clean any chips out the oil passages (ask me how I know...)

I'm in the middle of a engine tear down and I found out the cause of my low oil pressure readings while at idle. It seems that the car had lost two of its crank plugs during its 55,000 mile life. There also seemed to be a few other mystery bits in stuck to the screen as well.

I managed to snap a few shots and share them for future reference.

·
Admin
4,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Finished getting the crank out of the case this weekend and no other missing plugs were found. Also glad to report no excessive wear to any of the bearings which I thought might of happened due to the missing plugs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts