Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1988 Alfa Romeo Graduate
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see what looks like a crack in the place where the oxygen sensor goes on my "new to me" 88 Graduate (see picture). As well as a clamp that I assume has been added. I cannot feel any exhaust coming from this area, but it looks like it needs attention. Is that "cap" stock? I am a little hesitant to open it up and look inside just yet. If this "cap" is stock, I wonder if the crack, and where it joins the exhaust, can be welded back. On the other hand, if its just a protective cap, and the sensor is screwed in nice and tight, then I assume that there is no rush. Can someone comment?

Steve

IMG_2826.jpeg

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
The "cap" just protects the oxygen sensor and is 100 percent original equipment, including the split. Consider that to replace the sensor the clamp has to be loosened and the cap or shield removed to put a wrench on the hex of the sensor.

·
Registered
1988 Alfa Romeo Graduate
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The "cap" just protects the oxygen sensor and is 100 percent original equipment, including the split. Consider that to replace the sensor the clamp has to be loosened and the cap or shield removed to put a wrench on the hex of the sensor.
Well, that settles that.

Thank you.

steve

1 - 3 of 3 Posts