Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It has been a few years since I have removed a Spider dash and I don't remember the routes of the cowl drains. Can someone please enlighten me? The reason: my 79 is doing daily driver duties and it was parked outside in heavy rain. I found a wet area in the front right hand corner of the floor pan, underneath the dash. I think that it must be coming from the cowl.
Thanks.

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
you dont need to remove the dash, the drains are under the cowl, a few philips head screws in front, remove the wipers, and it comes off. then a garden hose in the drain, and its clean. to prevent leaves and such from plugging it agaiin, get some window screen and stick it to the under side of the cowl with rtv.
cliff

·
Administrator
17,509 Posts
If the drain hose is cracked/split it will indeed rain on your feets. The hose is visible if you get your head into the footwell and look up. The left side is above fuse box.

It is a molded hose ('S' curves built in). It comes down from the cowl, turns forwards to go through the firewall then turn again to aim down to the ground. You can find the other end in the wheel well - turn the wheel full lock and look behind.

·
Premium Member
14,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. I suspect a cracked or broken hose.

·
Registered
134 Posts
You don't need to remove the dash to replace the hoses, but it helps. They are like $30 a piece at IAP or centerline. I bought one from Centerline and it fit perfectly and was an easy fix. I was cheap on the other one and bought a flexible PVC pipe and used that for one of them for $3. It worked, but a pain to get in... I had to bore it out a little so it would fit on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts