Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a cover for my 92 spider. There are quite a fews on e-bay. Why such a price difference? I thought a cover was a cover. Anyone have any suggestions.
Thanks

·
Registered
159 Posts
Cover

Hi, I have one in great condition (seldom used) as I bought another one for my '85 spider. You can have it for $50.00 plus shipping. I haven't seen Ebay prices so have no idea. Doing me no good in closet. I picked up a GTV6.

Bill

·
Registered
936 Posts
Why such a price difference? I thought a cover was a cover
it depends what you want the cover to do.

keep the dust off while the car sits in a garage ?
keep the dust off while the car sits in the driveway ?
keep the New Mexico sun from frying the paint, and the cover ?
work well in all seasons in a moderate climate outdoors ?
breath well in a wet climate ?
low end or high end fabrics (cheap or expensive) ?

The IAP catalog gives basic descriptions as well as virtually any car cover supplier online.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Etc

...Custom fit pattern or universal shape, precision of pattern (if custom fit), quality of thread and elastic (affects life), warranty on cover, etc. :confused:

You're trying to protect paint, which is expensive to repair or replace. Don't go cheap on a cheap cover that will be ineffective or even harmful.

Based on my personal experience, I'd recommend Covercraft covers (http://www.covercraft.com) and, for general use, an Evolution4/Technalon fabric (from Kimberly-Clark) in the lightest color possible.

I keep seeing those cheap covers on Ebay. They're cheap for a reason :eek:. I wouldn't waste my money...

Have fun shopping!

Chuck

·
Registered
7,416 Posts
if you are looking for an indoor cover i have the dustop from IAP and that works great.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, but I found one and should be arriving any day now. Thanks to all for the feedback.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts