Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My csi fuel line started to leak so I decided to replace the injectors and all fuel lines while I was at it. The lines and injectors were original and in need of replacement. I ordered some refurbished injectors from Rockauto that appeared to be identical to the originals. My concern is after installing the new ones with new fuel lines cut to 2.125 in and using the original flanges, the injectors seem to be too loose in their ports. Don't they need to be snug in order to maintain compression? Should they be held firmly in place by the flanges? Am I missing something? The pic attached is of the new injectors and the o-rings/fittings they came with. Thanks for your input.

Attachments

·
Administrator
17,046 Posts
There should be a circlip (#6) that the thick rubber ring (#5) presses against when the two allen head screws are snugged down onto the 'flange (#4).

The tip of the injector fits into a rubber O-ring (#7). There should also be a phenolic ring in the intake for the O-ring to bear against - this is not shown in the sketch and is NLA. If lost or damaged use two O-rings.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Gotta ask. How can you tell if the phenolic ring is there? It's obviously not on the injectors. Can't see into the port. Use a mirror and flashlight? What does the ring look like?

·
Administrator
17,046 Posts
The ones I've seen range in color from yellowish to brownish/black. There are some photos in this thread: S4 injector seal and snap ring I'm not sure how you'd get a good look into the port to be sure the ring is there. They usually stay in place when the injector is removed. Maybe you can get a photo with a cell phone and zoom in?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just finished the rail and injector install. I added the extra o-ring and circlips and that made a huge difference. Nice and snug like you would think they should be. Thanks for the advice.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts