Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a rebuilt Bosch starter from NAPA but it does not engage the flywheel. The Bosch number on it is 1005821419. Centerline shows one bearing the Bosch number 0.001.108.024.

The shoulder bolt is in the correct (middle) hole.

Is the unit ending in 024 the correct one?
Dennis

·
Super Moderator
9,970 Posts
Agree with Centerline and Richard, though I thought the '89 starter p/n was 011-108-024.

That 1005821419 part number bears little relationship to any 115 series Alfa starter p/n that I know of. Are there any other numbers on the NAPA starter? Does it otherwise look like the original starter?

Do you still have the original starter? If so, getting it rebuilt might be a better bet than expecting NAPA to know what fits a 30-year old Alfa Romeo.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Agree with Centerline and Richard, though I thought the '89 starter p/n was 011-108-024.

That 1005821419 part number bears little relationship to any 115 series Alfa starter p/n that I know of. Are there any other numbers on the NAPA starter? Does it otherwise look like the original starter?

Do you still have the original starter? If so, getting it rebuilt might be a better bet than expecting NAPA to know what fits a 30-year old Alfa Romeo.
I surrendered the original unit when I picked up the new one. I compared the size and appearance but did not verify the actual Bosch part number. I suspect I'll need to return the NAPA version and get one from Joe at Centerline.

Thanks for the input.
Dennis

·
Premium Member
3,916 Posts
If it hasn't been that long. NAPA stores usually return their cores once or twice a month. So they might still have your old one. Any good starter/alternator shop can rebuild your old one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts